• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Intrum

I have received a letter out of the blue from Intrum claiming that they now own a debt I have had with a creditor for over 10 years. I have been making regular token payment to which they acknowledge that I have an ongoing agreement. They also supply a copy of the PDF letter from the creditor confirming that my debt is transferred. They make to my balance and payment up to October 2018.

I have not received anything directly from the creditor regarding this. I have written to the creditor for an explanation. Should I also ask Intrum for my credit agreement? Is there anything else I need to do. Intrum also claim they will update my credit file. This debt was not on my file as it fell off years ago.
    Tags: None

The letter from Intrum is probably a Notice of Assignment (re the Law of Property Act 1925).
    Either the original creditor, or the assignee (Intrum), or sometimes both, can send this notice, & once received by the debtor, the rights of the original creditor pass to the assignee.

You mention 'credit agreement'.
    If it is a regulated agreement, it will be covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as well as the original terms & conditions (& possible variations to them).
    It would help if we knew what the agreement was for. (Credit card, loan etc.)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X