• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

response to CCA request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• response to CCA request

Morning all hope the world finds you well,

With the brilliant help of the" get out of debt free forums" both old and new have been fighting a off several debt agency's since 2014 using the three letter then an Estoppel, for a Halifax credit card debt of just over £10,200 culminating in the Halifax selling the debt to Intrum (then 1st Credit) on the 17th June 2017 .
    Things have now come to an head and have now resulted in a Pre-action Protocol letter and me asking for documentation along with a CCA request.
    I have uploaded the response to the CCA my main concern is the default notice I cant find one in the SAR pack the Halifax sent me and there claim that the Halifax don't have one because they sent me there only copy sounds a bit odd, company's keep records of everything over the years I have several copy's of letters regarding this.
    I know I am on a sticky wicket but i am way out of my depth I don't want to go to court apparently it would be fast tracked because its over£10,000 and if I lost I would be screwed.
    Intrum have said that they will negotiate what that entails I don't know but will the fact that there is no default letter only a screenshot of the default date give me a bit of leverage in the negotiations .
    It is so annoying to say the least that when I got into difficulty I talked to the Halifax they closed the account and I paid a set sum each month I was willing and did do so until they pulled the rug from under me and Intrum have bought the debt for a few hundred quid and want over £10.000 back .
    I have uploaded the letters they sent me in response to my CCA
    Please give me your thoughts and thanks for looking Ande
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ande; 17th February 2019, 11:31:AM.
    Tags: None

Does the Halifax SAR information show the date of default ? ( as opposed to the date of issue of the DN )

Do you have record of when you organised payments with Halifax and started making the payments ? How much were the payments you were making ? and you were making those payments for 3 years ( Feb 2014 to June 2017 ) until Halifax sold the debt on to Intrum. Did you get the transaction lists in the SAR and do those arranged payments show on there ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi again and thanks for taking the tine to look, I have to say I don't understand most of the information in the SAR but I have found this.
      The account defaulted on the 24/2/2014
      The last payment showing on a statement is for £25.00 on the 27/1/2014
      The last payment I made is for £25 on the 3/3/2014
      As far as I can remember I think the Halifax sent me a expenditure form I filled it in and offered to pay £25 which I did.
      They then told me to stop paying as they had passed on the account to a DCA of which there has been several and ending up with them selling it in June 2017.
      Stupid thing is if they had stayed with me I would have carried on paying and eventually they would have got the money, hope this helps cheers Andy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X