• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP Have Underpaid Me - Need Help To Write Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWP Have Underpaid Me - Need Help To Write Letter

I've been talking to a friend of mine who have said the dwp have underpaid me.

Apparently, the DWP give you a double payment at he 13th month ie you get x 2 payment of PIP at the end of month 13.

Can someone please tell me if this is correct and if anyone can help me do a lettr as I am unsure what to put?

Thank you x
    Tags: None

PIP is paid 4 weekly so there are 13 payments a year. It isn't standard to get double with the 13th payment so there may have been a reassessment in your friends case or maybe your friend is paid weekly or monthly ( rather than 4 weekly ) ? If paid monthly the 4 week rate then there may be a case of making up the missing weeks at the end of the year but otherwise I can't see a reason why you should expect a double payment. If concerned you could give the DWP a call to check your calculations are correct.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      PIP is paid 4 weekly so there are 13 payments a year. It isn't standard to get double with the 13th payment so there may have been a reassessment in your friends case or maybe your friend is paid weekly or monthly ( rather than 4 weekly ) ? If paid monthly the 4 week rate then there may be a case of making up the missing weeks at the end of the year but otherwise I can't see a reason why you should expect a double payment. If concerned you could give the DWP a call to check your calculations are correct.

I get PIP every month usual around the 4th. I understand that when there is a double payment due, one lot is paid begining of the month, the other towards the end. I've checked my bank and I haven't had this money at all.

Comment

So you're paid monthly rather than 4 weekly ?

Do you know what your weekly award is to do the math to see what you should get over 52 weeks vs how much you have received over the past 52 weeks ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes.

PIP is paid every month.

My next payment is due on Monday 4th February.

I should get in total £468.20 altogether in one lump payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4Seven View Post
            Yes.

PIP is paid every month.

PIP is paid every 28 days. I have never heard of, or received a double payment. Your original paper work should state an initial payment of x amount, and then every 28 days from there on after.

example would be, if you were last paid on the 30th December, then your next payment would be the 27th of January. Hope this helps.
            How often PIP is paid

PIP is paid every 4 weeks, but if you have a terminal illness it’s paid every week.

You can find out more about how benefits are paid and the type of accounts they can be paid into on gov.uk, including what to do if you don’t have a bank account or can’t open one.

Comment

As PIP is paid every four weeks there will be one month of the year in which you will receive two payments ie you receive 13 payments per year.
              I suspect that is where the confusion arises

(Should have read Amethysts post more carefully and not duplicated!)

Comment

I think the confusion is that the OP has said that he/she usually gets paid around the 4th each month. Based on 28 days payment, the dates would be moved each month.
                Last edited by Setmefree3; 23rd January 2019, 21:44:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  As PIP is paid every four weeks there will be one month of the year in which you will receive two payments ie you receive 13 payments per year.
                  I suspect that is where the confusion arises

(Should have read Amethysts post more carefully and not duplicated!)
                  I have never received 13 payments in a year.

How would I word the letter?

Comment

Why not scan & upload a copy of your Award letter - making sure you redact all personal info. How long have you been getting this payment?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                      Why not scan & upload a copy of your Award letter - making sure you redact all personal info. How long have you been getting this payment?
                      I won at tribunal on the 6th September 2016.

Comment

You should be able to check back through your bank statements to see what date / how much each payment was made and work it out from there. It SHOULD be paid 4 weekly, so if you got a payment on 4th Jan 2019 you'd be due another on 1st Feb 2019, then 1st March, then 29th March, then 26th April... ( so in essence there'd be two payments during March - it's not a double payment, just two payments fall in the same calendar month )

so can you see your last years banking, with online banking you can often search to bring up just those payments over the year, to see if your date of payment is actually 4 weeks rather than monthly.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4Seven View Post
                          Yes.

PIP is paid every month.

Can you tell me what components of PIP you get and at what rates (standard or enhanced?) have you in the past had any underpayments or over payments. You won at the tribunal, did you receive the back payment?.

Comment

I get enhanced mobility and standard care. I got just over £1000 back pay which was calculated from the 4th May 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              You should be able to check back through your bank statements to see what date / how much each payment was made and work it out from there. It SHOULD be paid 4 weekly, so if you got a payment on 4th Jan 2019 you'd be due another on 1st Feb 2019, then 1st March, then 29th March, then 26th April... ( so in essence there'd be two payments during March - it's not a double payment, just two payments fall in the same calendar month )

so can you see your last years banking, with online banking you can often search to bring up just those payments over the year, to see if your date of payment is actually 4 weeks rather than monthly.
                              Payment last time was 7th Jan for PIP, my next one should be due 4th February, then again on 4th March respectively.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X