• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Dates

Has anyone been able to have default dates changed on their credit file to match the date a debt management plan was started?

Two years ago due to suffering with severe depression and mounting debt my husband & I decided to contact payplan to get control back of our finances. Unfortunately we didn’t realise at the time that our debts don’t automatically go to defaulted.

Our circumstances have dramatically changed and I am in complete recovery. We have equity in hour home to be able to remortgage with plenty of affordability. This would help us clear our debts dramatically reduce our monthly outgoings and be able to live again.

The frustration is we cannot get a remortgage as the default dates are only a 12-18months old. It’s madness as they would all get their money back if they changed the dates!
    Tags: None

When you entered the DMP with Payplan you hadn't defaulted on the debts, things were just getting a little out of control and you needed to draw a line under it to enable you to recover.

So when you stopped making the contractual payments and started making the pro-rata/token payments through payplan the creditors would have had to catch up, issue default notices and terminate the agreements to stop interest and charges ? Some may have been marked as an arrangement for a time before going to a default.

From what you say it took most of them between 6 and 12 months to do that - which isn't actually that unreasonable - there may have been a 3 month 'breathing space' without default first after Payplan took over - and had things improved in that time you'd likely have been grateful they hadn't defaulted and wrecked your credit file.
    Are you still making the payments through payplan now? ( so not at risk of court action etc?)

I'm pretty sure Payplan should have discussed what might happen with the credit file when you signed up to the DMP. Of course it was likely a very stressful time and that was the least of your worries, but might be worth having a chat with Payplan and checking what the normal procedure is when entering a plan before you default.

So presumably your mortgage company have said they need to be over 24 months for them to consider the re-mortgage? So you are in limbo until then?

Have you told the mortgage co you want to remortgage to get all those debts settled off?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X