• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on pra debt company please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on pra debt company please

Hi I’m new here and wondering if someone can give me some advice please.

I have a few credit cards that I was struggling to pay so had come to an agreement on paying a lower amount than the minimum payment with interest and charges frozen, my MBNA credit card has recently been sold to PRA and I’ve had a letter saying they will consider an offer for settlement, now I’m not in a position to settle right now but I think I may be in the near future. Am I best to ignore this letter or do I contact them to try and agree a payment plan? I’ve also read about a cca request and wondering if I should be sending this also?

many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

how much is alledged outstanding, and when taken out /last payment/ default date and have you asked for a credit agreement copy CCA1974 with a £1 postal order to MBNA for starters? (some of these accounts are unenforceable and people pay blindly) just a thought for starters before admittance and have a plan to repay (only if enforceable)
    CCA Request

Comment

Many thanks for your reply, the outstanding amount is £9,000, I’m not exactly sure when I took this credit card out but I’d say around 10 years ago, last payment before agreed plan was June and default was around September time. I haven’t asked for any credit agreements, is this something I should do now?

Comment

yes it is a starting point = send Recorded Delivery and keep copy on file of all letter etc by date form and attached signed for receipts

Comment

Do I send the letter to MBNA or PRA as this debt has been sold

Comment

Request to MBNA

Comment

Amethyst might have some advice at this early stage?

Comment

Yes, as PRA have purchased/been assigned the MBNA account your CCA request should go to PRA.

Up until June you were still making token payments on the account - do you know if the account had defaulted before that arrangement or did it only default in September ? Either way if you have confirmation of that arrangement in writing from MBNA and want to just carry on with the token payments for now you could write to PRA and suggest this arrangment continue - they may well send you an income and expenditure form to complete to assess whether the amount you are able to afford to pay is correct.

Then if you wanted to settle in 3/6 months time you may be able to without having had to deal with any court stuff / additional costs etc in between.

If the CCA comes back with issues you can reassess things, but for now it sounds like you want to keep the status quo.

There are other debts to deal with, are they on similar arrangements with the original creditors/debt purchasers too ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply. It defaulted after agreement was in place, I had been in contact with MBNA and had been making my minimum payment but as all were mounting up I had to make token payments. I also have an agreement with Tesco credit card and barclaycard but they haven’t been sold yet, I also have another card that didn’t reply to my letter for token payment so I haven’t been paying them, that was the smallest card around £1,500. Is it advisable to send cca request to all creditors?

Comment

I’ve had a reply from pra, they have returned my £1 (apparently it’s a gesture of goodwill) and put account on hold. The letter also says original agreement doesn’t have to have my signature but just name and address? I have had this credit card a long time and it was originally a virgin card that changed to mbna. Is this correct about original agreement?

Comment

pre 2007 the is it?

Comment

As far as I can remember yes

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Can anyone help?

Comment

Not sure what you need help with, sorry. You've had a reply from PRA saying the will get the agreement from the original creditor and the account is on hold while they do so ? There's no court claim and they aren't threatening a court claim, so in essence, you are awaiting their response to your request before you make them an offer to settle the account by installments or in full and final (if they do come up with the correct documentation) ?

You didn't sound like you had concerns over the amount being claimed, but if there may be other issues at play you can send a Subject Access Request Letter to MBNA to get the full information regarding the account.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X