• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a bank ignore the Ombudsman?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8% interest on say £1000 is 20p per day.

So, around 3-4 days worth to buy a Mars Bar. Anyway, Mars Bars are bad for your teeth, so best not to claim.

Comment

Have you ever asked Siri why a fire truck is red ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Fire trucks are always rushing around. That's really bad.

If there's a deeper meaning to your question, it's gone past me with a sort of whooshing sound.

Comment

The situation is complicated(ish)

I opened up a bank account in August.

Received my details to register for online banking.

Tried to register but kept on getting met with an error message saying that I had already registered, but I hadn't of course (I had not even got to a stage where I was able to enter my activation code anywhere)

I asked Lloyds for help, they told me to choose the "change my password" option to continue this way, I tried doing that and following the steps they gave me, but was met with an error message every time (for some reason the error message when I was attempting this said "cannot complete transaction" or words to that effect)

I asked for Lloyds help again, but they issue me with a final response saying that I need to change my password - they didn't even acknowledge that I had explained that this doesn't work.

I emailed the CEO and received a response from somebody on his behalf, once again issuing me a final response telling me to change password -even though they are already aware that I have tried this several times but get an error message each time.

I begin communicating with Lloyds via email, but reached no resolution as they didn't seem to understand the issue. Even though they requested screen shots of the error message, which I provided for them

I escalated to the Ombudsman, after I did this I received an email from Lloyds saying that their technical team had now spotted an error, and they offered to de-register and re-register my online banking, as this would apparently solve the issue. I emailed back, accepting this as I thought woo-hoo problem solved. In my email response I mentioned to them that I had escalated to the Ombudsman, so Lloyds decide that they can longer do anything as the Ombudsman were now in charge of the case (this is something that the adjudicator seemed to disagree with in her response)

So the Ombudsman have now asked Lloyds to de-register and re-register my online banking, and compensate me.

Sorry if the above doesn't make a lot of sense, but a lot of communication happened between me and Lloyds so I have had to leave a bit out, I've tried to shorten the story to the important bits.

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
            Fire trucks are always rushing around. That's really bad.

If there's a deeper meaning to your question, it's gone past me with a sort of whooshing sound.
            Try it ( or google it ) - think you'll enjoy the logic.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Email sent to Lloyds CEO, and I've also asked the Ombudsman what happens next.

Comment

I have received an email response from the Ombudsman, apparently on November 21st Lloyds provided more information which the Ombudsman will now take into consideration.

I haven't a clue what information this could be, I have asked and hopefully will get a response.

Comment

Would have been nice if the Ombudsman had informed you that this would cause a delay.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

It would have been very nice.

Can the Ombudsman refuse to tell me what this new information is that Lloyds have come up with? I am genuinely confused as to what on earth it could be.

I am surprised that the Ombudsman didn't tell me in yesterdays email.

Comment

They are likely to only tell you once they have reviewed their decision based on whatever info they have been given by Lloyds.

Lloyds WERE going to fix it until they decided they couldn't because the Ombudsman was involved so I really can't imagine. Could you post a copy of the actual adjudication ? They may just be arguing the compensation part.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I wouldn't know how to post a copy as such, but I could always copy and paste the content?

I have received another update today from the Ombudsman service, Lloyds did not agree with the adjudicators findings, however it has agreed to de-reigster and re-register my online banking.

But the adjudicators opinion has not changed she said, so she has given Lloyds until December 5th to respond either agreeing, or not.......fingers crossed they agree.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X