• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Strange letter from Santander.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some payments going in from a friend who lends me money, didn’t know wether to include this as there no loan agreement. And it’s not large amounts.

I transfer between myself and my daughters account now and then don’t know if i need to tell them that too.

Comment

Wow looking at the form, they want your inside leg measurement basically... I'm just redacting and I'll post up.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	santander2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1418440Click image for larger version

Name:	santander.png
Views:	1
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	1418439
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	santander4.png
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	1418443Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-09 10_06_52-Start.png
Size:	762.7 KB
ID:	1418446Click image for larger version

Name:	santander3.png
Size:	633.8 KB
ID:	1418448
          Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelle123 View Post
            I have some payments going in from a friend who lends me money, didn’t know wether to include this as there no loan agreement. And it’s not large amounts.

I transfer between myself and my daughters account now and then don’t know if i need to tell them that too.
            So are the transfers like a couple hundred or thousands ?

I'd guess if the friend who lends you money is transferring in a couple thousand and then you're sending back lower amounts regularly it might flag up a potential issue - money laundering/tax issue etc. But if it's the odd £100 I can't see why it would cause an issue. Do you have other monies going in, like pension, wages etc and 'normal' stuff going out - like mortgage, electric bills, council tax etc ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hundreds not thousands

Comment

I think I would go into your local branch ( maybe make an appt with the bank manager - do they still exist? ) and sit down with them to fill the forms in. There's an awful lot of into needed and I'm not sure I'd be happy sending those documents in the post. You could gather everything up and take it in with you and you should be able then to find out what it's all about.

It's a hell of lot of work for you to have to do without any kind of explanation, and I certainly don't think "everyone" has received the same letter.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Pension goes in.

I pay home insurance on the account, mortgage etc

Comment

Sounds completely normal. The only thing might be your friend lending you money but it's not huge amounts, and everyone has odd amounts going in and out of their accounts all the time without flagging stuff like this up. I hope, in a way, it is a anti money laundering check and not some dodgy way of collecting data for marketing retirement/investment type products... suspicious as I am.

I'd go into your branch if you possibly can xxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I’ve got someone from executive complaints calling back. They aren’t aware of what it is at the minute asked us to send copies of the letter over which I’ve done.

Comment

Brill, let us know what they say xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just got off the phone, he said it’s a letter hats sent to x amount of customers, to keep their records up to date. It can be to do with money laundering or anti crime but didn’t actually say if it was specific to us or to keep up with laws and regulations.

Comment

Threatening to restrict access to your account because THEY want to update their records is slightly out of order... the form does seem to be worded like a new customer ID application, and it does seem to be an awful lot of information they are asking for - although you do only have to complete the parts which are a current source of funds or income, so I'd just complete the minimum - I don't think there's any need to go into money from/to your daughter or friend - they'll just want to know where the main income going into your account comes from.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

That’s what I thought, he said on the phone it says we could doesn’t mean we would.

hes emailed me the following

This letter is a very small part of a wider mailing to our customers to ensure your details are up to date. You are not alone.

This is a standard letter to selected customers to ensure your details are up to date, which forms part of our legal obligations.

Return the form as you are doing and we will be able to update our records accordingly.

I will now diarise to email you on 16 August 2018.

You should have received a prepaid envelope with this letter with the address on. Please send to this address.

Kind Regards

Comment

Well, it seems you don't have much choice, you have registered your complaint - and hopefully 'next time' they'll word the letters so they aren't quite so worrying for people. Might be worth making a formal complaint about the threat to restrict access if you don't complete the form in 30 days without giving you full information and causing you all this stress.

I've just had a quick look at the FCA banking conduct of business rules as I thought there was something in there about retalitory closures of accounts but I can't find it now so may have imagined it.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X