• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

10 year old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year old debt

Good morning all

i haven’t posted before but I’m after some advice. All my debt is over 10 years old. It’s dropped off my credit rating and been sold on many times. I was on a debt management plan but I’m wanting to buy my first house so just wondered what my options are to get it cleared and ready to buy. I hope that makes sense

Tags: None

when did the management plan stop??

Comment

We are still on it currently.

Comment

OK await response as I have asked for info from site for you?

Comment

Thank you so much. X

Comment

the weekend so may be quiet on here

Comment

As you are paying it by Debt Management plan it won't be statute barred, so it will still be collectable once it falls off your credit file. You can continue paying instalments via your DMP ( being aware that the debt owner could take court action at any point if they decide the DMP isn't clearing it fast enough) or you could look at trying to negotiate a full and final settlement to get a line drawn under it so that you know it isn't going to jump up and bite you with a court claim later. You will have to disclose the amount owed when doing your mortgage application and I believe while you are in a DMP you wouldn't be able to get a great deal as there could be affordability concerns.

Have you many other debts in the DMP?
              Who is your DMP with ? We're not debt advisers so you may be best trying to get some proper advice on this - national debtline/CAB etc.

(Any F&F negotiation is likely to need to be pro-rate between your creditors included in the DMP )

What you do really depends on your circumstances and the overall situation - it would be best to try and get full and final settlements over the next few months so that you aren't in a DMP when you apply, and don't have outstanding debts to declare.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice. Do you think it would be possible to get a mortgage that would cover the debt £8900 which includes 75% offers. As I am a council tenant I would get a 36% discount so £60000 deposit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X