• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Alan Simon, a director at AABRS, said: "We are still in the process of looking at how many customers this firm had and therefore how many people might be affected.

''We are also unsure at this stage how many people were directly employed by the business.

"We are working closely with the Financial Conduct Authority on this case.

"There is a lot of paperwork to get through - but my advice is that anyone who thinks they might be affected is to get in touch with us."

A meeting of creditors is due to take place in Leicester on March 21.

Ahead of that meeting, customers are advised to contact AABRS by e-mailing info@aabrs.com.

They will be issued with a form, which they should complete - with details of money owed - and submit before the creditors meeting.
    http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Cust...ail/story.html

Comment

We are still in the process of looking at how many customers this firm had and therefore how many people might be affected
      Jeez does Rob not have the answers lol, no wonder he went down the pan if he can't even remember how many he ripped off.
      Last edited by enaid; 17th March 2016, 08:44:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Jeez does Rob not have the answers lol, no wonder he went down the pan if he can't even remember how many he ripped off.
        Enaid, "to be fair" he has probably set up an escrow account with all of the creditors' names, addresses and emails listed in chronological order with the precise amounts allocated to their pots. Because there are thousands of us it is difficult to access the files and count them. particularly as his yacht, 'Scot Free' in the Seychelles has limited WiFi access. But no doubt he will be sailing his way back to face the creditors on the 30th March and that is more likely why the meeting was delayed by 10 days, "to be fair".

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
          Enaid, "to be fair" he has probably set up an escrow account with all of the creditors' names, addresses and emails listed in chronological order with the precise amounts allocated to their pots. Because there are thousands of us it is difficult to access the files and count them. particularly as his yacht, 'Scot Free' in the Seychelles has limited WiFi access. But no doubt he will be sailing his way back to face the creditors on the 30th March and that is more likely why the meeting was delayed by 10 days, "to be fair".

Love it lol keep yer humour it's great in such a bloody horrid situation, in the end although heartbreaking it's only money you will still be able to hold your head up high, I doubt they will ever have respect from anyone again except maybe their peers in crime xx

Comment

Hi Enaid
            In the military as a fairly senior officer, I was accused in no uncertain terms of having an inappropriate sense of humour. With a huge smile on my face, I replied: "Thank you Sir!" At which point he exploded and said: "That's precisely what I bloody meant." I think he thought I genuinely believed he was complimenting me.
            On a senior officers' Staff Course, a visiting team of Biological Warfare experts were headed by a Brigadier who started by saying: "It is with some trepidation I address you all today as I understand in amongst you is the officer who trained all of my team here with me today, so I am expecting a particularly esoteric question from Wing Commander XXXXXXXXX". So at the end of the presentation I was pointed out to the Brigadier, I stood up and asked: "What does 'esoteric' mean?" My inappropriate sense of humour got me into deep trouble yet again.
            Sometimes, no matter how deep the poo, you have to keep laughing. "Illegitimi non carborundum".

Comment

Sometimes, no matter how deep the poo, you have to keep laughing.
              If we didn't we would be covered in the bloody stuff and no one does that to me :beagle:

Comment

so now I know what Wingco stands for ....

Comment

No, Amanda has assured that she had no idea what was going on - and as an MP she can't lie........................................
                  ....................just "economical with the actualité" ? :whistle:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                    so now I know what Wingco stands for ....
                    You learn something new every day!

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?78797- FCA announcement - Information-for-customers-of-RMR-Financial-Services-Ltd-(trading-as-Compass-Debt-Counsellors)

RMR’s bank accounts have been frozen. This means that the firm will not be requesting direct debits from clients’ accounts and standing order payments will be rejected and returned to customers’ bank accounts.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all hope ever one is hanging in there,been back at work so not had time for much. Have got the paper work for Stepchange so filling it in, will be a bit more relaxed once its up and running. Thanks again for all your help xx

Comment

• Re: Compass debt company - Stepchange

Originally posted by taff_dragoness View Post
                          Hi all hope ever one is hanging in there,been back at work so not had time for much. Have got the paper work for Stepchange so filling it in, will be a bit more relaxed once its up and running. Thanks again for all your help xx
                          Hi Taff

Good to hear from you and to hear things are progressing - it's gone a bit quiet lately on this thread. My self-administered DMP is working well so far although I'm still waiting to hear from NCO Europe - no doubt they will respond this week as they have until 24/25th to reply to my CCA letter (request for original credit contract details to confirm everything is in order and the loan is enforceable). We shall see although I'm not fully confident as to what to do if I don't hear from them?

I'm very interested in your experience with Stepchange although I feel sure it will work best for you. if things don't work out with doing it myself, I may have to use Stepchange. My initial contact with them was not great and I was being asked for substantially more than I was paying Compass; no doubt Compass were overly generous to me, but Stepchange were cutting me to the bone (well almost). Hopefully, if I do use Stepchange, I will find a more sympathetic advisor - yours seemed perfect?

Keep feeding back on Stepchange. It's very useful for a wide range of people.

Comment

waiting to hear from NCO Europe - no doubt they will respond this week as they have until 24/25th to reply to my CCA letter (request for original credit contract details to confirm everything is in order and the loan is enforceable). We shall see although I'm not fully confident as to what to do if I don't hear from them?
                            I would not hold your breath for a reply within the 12+2 days timescale. It would be rare to get one.

The 'militant' reaction would be to fire off a reminder letter pointing out that it's unenforceable until they comply and stop paying, but I think nowadays the better option, unless you are being harassed/pressurised, is to hang file for a month or 2/3/4 to see what they can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                              I would not hold your breath for a reply within the 12+2 days timescale. It would be rare to get one.

The 'militant' reaction would be to fire off a reminder letter pointing out that it's unenforceable until they comply and stop paying, but I think nowadays the better option, unless you are being harassed/pressurised, is to hang file for a month or 2/3/4 to see what they can get.
                              Hi Nibbler
                              I like the idea of hanging fire for a couple of months at least, as long as it doesn't put me in a worse position; but how can it? My view is that it would be the DCA that is a fault by not complying with the CCA.
                              As I understand it until they provide all the data requested in the CCA::

1. they can't demand full settlement if I don't pay for a while whilst waiting for their CCA response?

2. they can't ask for a I&E statement to assess my ability to pay?

3. they can't file a DN if one has already been filed by another agency previously?

4. I've offered more than twice the token paid by Compass - is it fair to insist that is all I can afford or can they insist on more, particularly before they have responded to the CCA?

Sorry for so many questions.

Wingco

Comment

1. They can demand/ask, but a court could not enforce any such demand if it went to court and remained in default.

2. They can ask. You are not obliged to supply one, except by order of the court, CCA or no CCA.

3. s87 default, no if one has already been issued and not remedied. CRA default, no if already has been one, and they would be restricted on date.

4. What is fair is what is affordable pro rata. End of.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X