• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Actually Wingco - it might be better if you start a separate thread for each of your debts, then you can keep a track and use it a bit like a diary.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst. I found a few more DNs I didn't know about, so I'm sure everyone has DN's me.

The HofF account was taken out probably in the 70s. Does that help? Robinson Way have come back to me today saying they are going to raise a copy of the agreement "to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due" Clearly, Robinson Way don't hold those agreements, which gives me hope.................I hope. x

Comment

I have a feeling that the Directors will be there (with their bodyguards?). I'll let you know.

i'm surprised Compass has been going 10 years - there must be thousands of clients out there. I wonder what their accountants have been doing - they must have known that cllents' money was not held correctly. I wonder if we have a case against the Compass/RMR accountants?

Did you see anything about the Compass Protection Plan mentioned on their contract?
        Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 15:19:PM. Reason: made improvements to the sense!

Comment

Yes, it;s very unlikely they will find an agreement - and if by some bizarre miracle they did find it, it's unlikely to comply. Presumably it would have been taken out in the store... so unless you've signed a new agreement in the interveening years then they won't be finding one.

Knowing that everyone has defaulted you ( I was quite concerned that you had thought none of them had ) then you know those defaults will fall off your file 6 years after they were put on. They can't be re-added.

Personally in your position I would give it three months and gather all your information together, who has agreements, who doesn't, what options you have on each, and work through them once you have a full picture - either informing creditors you won't be paying ( knowing they can't damage your credit file and you have a defence to any court action) - or reorganising payment arrangements to keep things stable on those that do have the agreements.

Your main thing to keep an eye on is CCJ's - as they could lead to charging orders over your BTL properties. But that shouldn't put you off getting things sorted
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
            I have a feeling that the Directors will be there (with their bodyguards?). I'll let you know.

i'm surprised Compass has been going 10 years - there must be thousands of clients out there. I wonder what their accountants have been doing - they must have known that cllents' money was not held correctly. I wonder if we have a case against the Compass/RMR accountants?

Did you see anything about the Compass Protection Plan mentioned on their contract?
            To be fair, until the meeting or further investigations, we don't know that the money wasn't held in client accounts. As Celestine has said though, Amanda Solloways statement the other day doesn't really fill victims with confidence that it's all sitting in an account ready to be repaid though, so best to go forwards on the premise that the money is gone.

Remember Bournes liquidators haven't paid anything at all back yet and it's been 2 years.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              To be fair, until the meeting or further investigations, we don't know that the money wasn't held in client accounts. As Celestine has said though, Amanda Solloways statement the other day doesn't really fill victims with confidence that it's all sitting in an account ready to be repaid though, so best to go forwards on the premise that the money is gone.

Remember Bournes liquidators haven't paid anything at all back yet and it's been 2 years.
              if money has gone, it's misappropriation and breach of trust....so some Tories will go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                if money has gone, it's misappropriation and breach of trust....so some Tories will go to jail.
                Should the creditors be reporting the alleged and potential massive theft to the Police?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
                  Should the creditors be reporting the alleged and potential massive theft to the Police?
                  If the money has gone yes report it as theft to the police. If the money has gone the MP wife may potentially be criminally liable if she has in any way aided and abetted, ie she has benefited personally or financially from misappropriated funds or assets. It would be classed as dishonest receipt.

Comment

Hi Wingco i have to admit that the phone call did not sit well with me and the more i thought about it the more i didnt make sense. So thats why i didnt go with Abbey and was phoning Compass to see where i stood when i found out they had gone under that was last Friday as you know, and the phone call from Marcus was 2 weeks before that, as you say its going to be interesting to see what happens.

Quick question am i in the right to stop the SO to compass as it will only get sent back to me like the last one just want to make sure i dont mess up

Comment

Originally posted by taff_dragoness View Post
                      Hi Wingco i have to admit that the phone call did not sit well with me and the more i thought about it the more i didnt make sense. So thats why i didnt go with Abbey and was phoning Compass to see where i stood when i found out they had gone under that was last Friday as you know, and the phone call from Marcus was 2 weeks before that, as you say its going to be interesting to see what happens.

Quick question am i in the right to stop the SO to compass as it will only get sent back to me like the last one just want to make sure i dont mess up
                      Hi Taff
                      You must do that immediately. Do you have phone banking as this is the quickest and assured route to make sure it is cancelled. If you have online banking, you can do it instantly. Standing Orders are perhaps the safest way of paying regular bills; I've recently set up loads of SOs in place of DDMs which can be harder to cancel. I recently had to cancel an annual servicing contract and an AOL Spyware DDM - it has taken ages to stop the DDMs. In the end a quick phone call to Barclays stopped it and 2 days later there were 3 monthly payments restored to my account.
                      Wingco

Comment

If allowed, I will ask if the Administrators can answer whether a separate clients' account exists and if not the creditors will be taking legal action against the Directors. It's important that we know the answer asap.

Wingco
                        Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 17:53:PM. Reason: Can't spell answer!

Comment

Nor are the owners in the 'clink', either.
                          Last edited by Nibbler; 16th March 2016, 18:03:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                            If the money has gone yes report it as theft to the police. If the money has gone the MP wife may potentially be criminally liable if she has in any way aided and abetted, ie she has benefited personally or financially from misappropriated funds or assets. It would be classed as dishonest receipt.
                            No, Amanda has assured that she had no idea what was going on - and as an MP she can't lie........................................

Comment

Ok thank you Wingco will do it now

Comment

Just for info - the meeting has changed to the 30th March - due to the amount of creditors .....

http://lbcompare.co.uk/wp-content/up...e-Internet.png
                                Attached Files
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X