• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compass debt company

Oh for Gods sake!! But yes, you are correct! xx
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I nearly spat my coffee out the other day when I read they would charge the £1 CCA fees as extras.

Comment

Solicitors Regulation Authority - http://www.sra.org.uk/sra/news/sra-u...ebt-scams.page

Some of these adverts wrongly suggest that almost all loan or credit card agreements in place before April 2007 are unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and can therefore be written off.

SRA Chief Executive Antony Townsend said: "These ads appear to offer an easy way out of difficulty to people who have debts they are struggling to pay. But many credit agreements do meet the legal requirements and, therefore, can't easily be challenged as unenforceable."

"We've noticed a sharp increase in the number of solicitors getting involved in this activity since last autumn. The SRA is currently investigating 10 firms. Any that are found to have breached rule 1 (Core duties) of the Code of Conduct may face the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal."
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by taff_dragoness View Post
          Thank you Wingco yes i do feel a bit better, as for stepchange it is only going to cost me £1 more which wont break the bank, and yes as for the creditors i wont be intouch again it will all go through stepchange. As for this form you and amethyst keep saying page 6 pages not numberd can you give me a hint on whats on the top. As for the amount, i was going to put down there fee and what should be in the pot . As for expert this forum has been a god send you have all be so great, at the end of the day i am not good at this sort of thing ( as you can tell by the spelling and punctuation ) . So you are all expert to me. Will i get my money back i don't think so but if we don't all try we will never now
          Sorry Taff, I've sent my form off. It's the page that asks you for your claim details; where you put in the amount. The only other form is the Proxy voting form. There is no need to fill that in or you can just TICK "AGREED"

I would think there is very little chance of getting our money back unless Compass dis as they should have done and set up a separate fund for clients' 'pots'. Somehow, don't think they did. A member on here advise that if they haven't we can go after their personal assets but this type of fraudster rarely has any assets in their own name. I'll try to learn more on Monday at the Administrator's meeting.
          Wingco

Comment

Hi Meg
            The claims made by Abbey are not possible. If you have signed up more than 14 days ago you will probably lose your fee 12 x £250 according to their contract.
            If you are committed and you continue with Abbey, it would help and inform many others if you report back on here regularly on what progress they have made in writing off your debts. Let's hope they can do what they claim.
            I'm not sure why your creditors are not writing to you...........................yet, for I am sure they will. But part of Abbey's process is to ensure all creditors deal with them. But I would keep a very close eye on what's happening. Why not insist tat Abbey copt all correspondence with your creditors to you. Express the concerns you have; they must be aware of the bad Press they are getting.
            Wingco fellow ex-Compass client.

Comment

Hi Wingco its ok Amethyst put me right, yep as you said not much of a chance on getting anything back but we are trying. I wont be able to make the meeting as i am in devon and work has already given me a few days leave from next year because i was such a mess on friday morning so got sent home they have been very good. Also with the time off was able to get things sorted and chat to you lovely people, so will wait and see what you learn on monday if you dont mind letting us know what happens taff

Comment

On the cancellation with Abbey Issue

The claims made by Abbey are not possible. If you have signed up more than 14 days ago you will probably lose your fee 12 x £250 according to their contract.
                I've started a thread http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...941#post632941 to discuss - as I don't believe their contract or terms meets the requirements.

It will depend on individual cases and we'll need to know what work has actually been undertaken by Abbey between your signing and returning of the contact - if the first payment has been made etc.

But I'd expect they will say 'you signed you pay' - that doesn't mean it is true, and just because they are a solicitors firm doesn't mean they are right either.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Will do. But I'm not expecting much and often when you get hundreds of dissatisfied people in room, you get mob rule and nothing sensible comes out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

That tells you everything you need to know about this organisation - all heart
                  Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 09:54:AM. Reason: Typo - Durrrr

Comment

Hi Meg
                    you will find that Abbey has probably insisted all correspondence goes to them. Do let us all know what they say but in my experience, you will be lucky if they answer the phone - it took them a week to contact me after I phond and emailed them - doesn't bode well, does it!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 09:55:AM. Reason: Typos again!!!

Comment

• Re: Compass debt company

Originally posted by Rose21 View Post
                      Hi firstly can I say you have all been so helpful I myself am a compass victim, I had been with compass for just under 10 years and never had a problem only to realise when speaking to all my creditors they hadn't been paid since early January. Not to mention when calling/emailing to ask for a recent statement I was told by one of them they weren't sure how to send it via e-mail. I don't think any of them will attend the meeting with the amount of funds they have I'm sure they'll have representatives acting on behalf of them. I have signed up with Abbey solicitors as instructed back in early February? Have I made the right choice?
                      No certainly not. Abbey cannot write off all your debts. Why pay them when you can do a lot more yourself (that's what I'm doing right now). My advice would be to cancel asap and ask for your money back. If you have any problems let us know.

Wingco - ex-Compass client
                      Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 09:56:AM.

Comment

Abbey fails to answer either in their guidance notes or their phone calls (they don't respond to emails) what happens at the end of 12 months other than saying they will continue to work on those cases they think they can write off? If they can't do it in a year, what makes them think they can succeed in a further year?

What is in it for them to do anything once you have signed their contract?

Why is their fee the same as the Compass fee - it doesn't reflect the complexity of the work or anything other than getting off the client what they know they can afford - opportunism?

Why do they not tell you that they will no longer continue to pay the token payments to your creditors?

If they know what they are doing, why aren't there any genuine feedback reviews? Has anyone had a single debt written off by Abbey? Please let us know what why and when.

Wingco
                        Last edited by Wingco; 16th March 2016, 14:40:PM. Reason: Typo - Durrrr

Comment

Consumer Credit Act 1974 enforceability is a rather complex matter. I should know! Until last year, I worked with Paul Tilley at Howlett Clarke solicitors as a CCA litigator.
                          http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/how...le/paul-tilley

This is the details of their highly respected CCA service:
                          http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/how...onsumer-credit

I like this quote from HCs website! "The Consumer Credit Act 1974 is an extremely complicated piece of legislation and dealing with debts which arise out of the 1974 Act can be a very stressful experience

There are only a handful of firms genuinely offering such expertise BUT even we don't offer 'debt write off'. We probably hold the skills technically, but in reality debt write off is a very dumb approach to tackling indebtedness. Our cases all revolved around people facing litigation from debt companies. So we used our skills defensively and would never advise a client to suddenly stop paying their monthly repayments.

LegalBeagles has Paul Tilley as part of our site team @pt2537 and LegalBeagles have worked together over several years to develop and understand the best approaches to CCA matters. To see a solicitors firm offering such 'services' without seemingly a shred of knowledge is very disturbing to me personally.

So any of you Compass victims who have questions about these debts, just ask away....we do it for free!
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Clestine. Thanks for the 'Enforceabilty' post above - very informative.

I have heard today from Robinson Way acknowledging my CCA letter. They have put my account on hold until they can get the original agreement "to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due"

What is the recommended course of action now?

1. Continue paying by SO?
                            2. Stop the SO and wait to hear from them?

The original loan was a House of Fraser Store Card and the balance is £4333. I have paid £20 (2 x £10) since the demise of Compass who were paying £3.49 per month.

Comment

Did you get any further checking out your credit file ? Knowing that these debts HAVE been reported as in default will help you know whether stopping paying is going to be of detriment to your file or not.

Do you know when you first opened the account with HoF ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Taff. You are right. I've seen people who were contacted back in Dec 2015 and recommended to go to Abbey - Abbey have now 'disconnected' themselves from any relationship with Compass. I think they are beginning to fear the consequences of some of their claims.
                                I got the same phone call from a male at Compass telling me that I would be debt free in 12 months with Abbey but that doesn't mean Abbey were claiming that.
                                The next few months on here will be very interesting.
                                Wingco

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X