• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Thanks again.

Yes the Abbey money seems like a bit of a waste, there was no mention of PPI but the mis-selling / compliance is how it was represented and on reflection we think that Compass staff were posing as Abbey personnel to sell us the move. I wanted to think that Compass were acting in our best interest but now I am very doubtful.

Thanks for the link, I have it printed out and ready for a review with the ex. Incidental to this is that we split up after starting with Compass and we have discussed how we manage this as a DIY DMP. Initially we are going to have a weekly review at our local ASDA cafe and creating a duplicate file of every piece of paper. I am going to move all the correspondence to my address as she does not like threatening looking letters dropping through the letter box.

I will have a browse through the rest of this site over the weekend and share my 'story' more appropriately.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Letter from Abbey following cancellation request. Just for reference.

It's a bit weird, I'm not sure why people should be concerned about hearing from their creditors directly. I'd feel terribly out of control if it was all just dealt with without my knowledge. Just look forward to a surprise in a year? odd.

I received the the same letter there is another paragraph or two on the next page which makes it clear that is my responsibility to cancel the standing order. Please be aware of this everyone and cancel it or payments will still be taken.

Comment

Which strictly speaking we are entitled to do
        How good of you Abbey

Comment

Thank you for the advice, greatly appreciated!

Comment

How do I send a private message on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
              How do I send a private message on here?
              click on the person's name top left of their post and you wil lbe given the option to PM them. you have to have made 3 posts and allow about 30 mins for the admin to catch up - I think you will have immediate access to PM by now.
              Wingco

Comment

does anyone know anything about the solicitors "abbey solicitors" who compass passed clients on to before closing up shop?

I moved my case to Abbey solicitors before getting the shocking news that compass had had their licence removed.

I have my concerns that I am just throwing bad money after bad.

I have looked at self management via links above.

Please be gentle as I am new to this.

Dan

Comment

I've received a few, I believe, non-compliant CCA responses over the last week.

Link Financial seems not to know what it has agreed already re a payment plan, so I wil stick to the previously agreed payment. There was no Default Notice (DN) letter, no assignment letter. nor any signatures from myself or MBNA on the original CC contract. I will bring this to their attention and see what they say. But it was a friendly and helpful letter. Let's hope it stays that way as I am paying them more than Compass did, but not a lot.

Lloyds were less friendly and managed to omit the "Signed Statement of Account", and also omitted the DN other than saying they defaulted me in March 2014 when Compass started my DMP.

Lloyds state: "By providing you with the documents attached to this letter, we have satisfied our obligation to provide a copy of the executed agreement under Section 78." Adding "We will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the requirements relating to the provision of copy agreement." We shall see about that!
                  As they were rather pompous in their response to me, I will remind them of their duty to provide all of the information required by the CCA.
                  I am assuming they all have to provide the DN and a full statement of account - they gave the balance as of Mar 2014 but nothing else? They are implying that they don't have to include the DN by listing just 3 items:
                  1. Signed statement of account - they failed to enclose it.
                  2. Reconstituted version of the current ts & cs.
                  3. Reconstituted version of the original executed agreement (undated and unsigned - I appreciate that it doesn't have to be).

So thing are moving forward slowly. Still waiting replies to other CCAs.

What fun!!!!

Wingco

Comment

There is no obligation to provide a copy of the DN under a s78 request. In fact, there is no real requirement for them to retain a copy of it under any legislation, except perhaps records to show one was sent, but not a copy itself.

Statement of account is not a set of statements, but a statement of

- the status of the account

- the amount currently payable, which since default is the whole balance

- amounts and dates of any future payments that may become due, or how they will be ascertained, which would be none as whole balance is due and payable now.

Comment

Originally posted by danspence000 View Post
                      does anyone know anything about the solicitors "abbey solicitors" who compass passed clients on to before closing up shop?

I moved my case to Abbey solicitors before getting the shocking news that compass had had their licence removed.

I have my concerns that I am just throwing bad money after bad.

I have looked at self management via links above.

Please be gentle as I am new to this.

Dan
                      Hiya and welcome.

We don't reccomend anyone going with Abbey. I don't know what you've been told of their 'services' or how they were presented to you but they are not a debt management company. None of what you pay Abbey goes to your creditors. Rather, they claim to look into whether the debts you owe might be unenforceable. In our view you're just throwing good money after bad. I would contact them and cancel any agreement you have with them and either set up your own self managed plan or use a free debt management service such as StepChange.

Comment

This has just been posted on the FB thread, it may also help you decide x

Just got off the phone from Abbey after they recieved my letter of cancellation I was very happy with their response and understanding and truly believe they have been put in a situation they didn't want to be in either.

Comment

and truly believe they have been put in a situation they didn't want to be in either
                          Nobody forced them into it. They are a large independent law firm and make their own decisions.

Comment

[MENTION=84013]Raspingolive[/MENTION]

Here is another version of the CCA letter posted by Amethyst very recently - I have made some amendments to suit you.

Wingco

Your Address
                            Debt Collection Agency's Address

(Date of posting) 20th April 2016
                            Dear Sirs

Ref: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Use your Compass ref or any other ref specific to your debt.)

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement relating to the above reference as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Yours faithfully,

YOUR NAME

Comment

Does anyone know who arrow global collect for?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                Nobody forced them into it. They are a large independent law firm and make their own decisions.
                                Hi, when sending the CCA letter out to creditors who is the postal order made out to. Only we have 10 creditors .
                                Last edited by Joseph Williams; 19th April 2016, 17:37:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X