• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Yes the 5k was my pot - totally gutted that these were not paid

Comment

Similar sal. I really was umming and arring about getting my pot out when I got the call to say f&fs where being sorted. I just thank God I'm not screwed over for the £20k others report.

Amethysist, wescott also use scottcall I think, I seem to remember that one of my debts passed through them to hoist and Robinson way.

Do these people sell the debts for 10% to each other, or just share books? Some of mine were passed four or five times....

Comment

This is amazing, many thanks for all the help you have provided. My creditors are similar to most others: Robinson Way, CapQuest, Clarity, Cabot Finance, Restons solicitors, Westcot, Moorcroft, & 1st Credit, we have 1 creditor that is the original which is RBS.
        Im starting to write the CCA letters today & hoping to get some response soon, fingers crossed.
        Again thank you so very much for all the amazing work you do.

Comment

Bit of a silly question but if I am doing my own DMP, shall I just create a reference number for ourselves. Someone on here kindly directed me to a good template, just wondered about the personal reference number bit if that makes sense??
          Many Thanks

Comment

Which IE template are you using?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Its one from CAB???

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Hi Debbie and Jackie and Welcome to the forum.

I was wondering Compass peeps in general - when you signed up with Compass did you actually complete any income and expenditure statements for them to assess your circumstances and work out your pro rata payments / disposable income at all ?
                We completed the income/expenditure once in 2006, when the Rep initially visited we haven't done any since then.
                We completed lots of PPI stuff though about 2/3 years back, but Compass told us we didn't receive any PPI settlements??? In hindsight maybe I should have questioned this?!?!

Comment

New question...if I have a default on my name and it's for something over 6 yrs old...should it be removed...its with Cabot?

Comment

If it defaulted over 6 years ago then it should be removed yes.

If it didn't default just went into a payment arrangement then the 6 years won't start until you default.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Raspingolive View Post
                      Its one from CAB???
                      Ok, leave the personal reference blank then - it's really for the use of CAB staff to show the IE has been done with their assistance.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

As a Compass client of ten years with what appeared to be a pot of £20+K My ex and I are now back at square one. We did sign up with Abbey and are going to ask them to cancel on Monday (It's Friday today). Having read a part of this thread I think we will be best served by going it alone and creating our own DIY DMP.

The initial anger at Compass management has abated, but we know we need to act quickly to get out of Abbey and start writing to our debtors and DCAs as soon as possible. We have had time to reflect and our ignorance stopped us from asking more searching questions of compass.

We only hope that its not too late to get arrangements made. It was all so easy to forward all our letters to Compass, so now we are entirely certain that we know everyone we need to write to.

So now its time to search the forums and start out again ten years later and a lot of money wasted on somebody's yacht.

Comment

Originally posted by mox113 View Post
                          As a Compass client of ten years with what appeared to be a pot of £20+K My ex and I are now back at square one. We did sign up with Abbey and are going to ask them to cancel on Monday (It's Friday today). Having read a part of this thread I think we will be best served by going it alone and creating our own DIY DMP.

The initial anger at Compass management has abated, but we know we need to act quickly to get out of Abbey and start writing to our debtors and DCAs as soon as possible. We have had time to reflect and our ignorance stopped us from asking more searching questions of compass.

We only hope that its not too late to get arrangements made. It was all so easy to forward all our letters to Compass, so now we are entirely certain that we know everyone we need to write to.

So now its time to search the forums and start out again ten years later and a lot of money wasted on somebody's yacht.
                          So sorry to hear you've been caught too, and for £20k , absolutely disgusting.

Have you made a report to Action Fraud ? It's unlikely to yeild anything but it is theft / fraud (in my view) and should be reported as such.

The DCA's should be aware of the situation with Compass and show some forebearance to their clients - I put together some very basic letters in a thread at the top of this forum which might help you get started,

A DIY DMP can be a good idea as it keeps you in complete control, it still may be worth having a chat through your situation with Stepchange and see what their thoughts are.

How long ago did you sign up with Abbey ? and how much were you paying them a month (for the 12 months) ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Letter from Abbey following cancellation request. Just for reference.

It's a bit weird, I'm not sure why people should be concerned about hearing from their creditors directly. I'd feel terribly out of control if it was all just dealt with without my knowledge. Just look forward to a surprise in a year? odd.

Attached Files
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply.

It looks like we are into Abbey for £375 a month for 12 months. For a whole lot of nothing. To be honest we felt railroaded by Compass / abbey staff to sign up, feel a bit mis-sold.

We will research and follow up the the action fraud line. As you say there is probably little money to do anything with.

Thanks for the advise on Stepchange I will keep a log and post any updates.

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Thanks for this, I am struggling to open it though.

Comment

Ahh sometimes attachments can be a bit dicky, they work better in Internet Explorer. Just one of those weirdness's I've never managed to fix.

£375 a month is the same as what you were paying to Compass ? So you'd basically be paying £4500 over the year, nothing would go to your creditors, and there is no guaranteed outcome from Abbey. They would do CCA requests and look into mis-selling, compliance and potentially any PPI not already reclaimed by you or by Compass. ( is that how they represented it to you ?)

You'll need to get your creditors to send you statements of account so you can see how much your remaining debt is - that is really the first step - let them know you've been screwed over by Compass and are trying to sort things out - it should get them to put the accounts on hold while you get things sorted out.

Helpful letters -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...elpful-Letters
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X