• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Originally posted by aidierobbo View Post
    How does a credit file company file to make a lender go bust?
    https://www.gov.uk/wind-up-a-company...money/overview

Any unpaid creditor owed above the threshold could do that. Presumably they owed CallCredit for services rendered. http://www.callcredit.co.uk/products-and-services

Unlikely to be written off. Most likely the liquidator etc will sell their loan books on to realise funds.

Comment

Thank you that would be wonderful if they agree my creditors are apex.moorcroft .barclays .capital one and lowell thank you again for all the help

- - - Updated - - -
      Last edited by Celestine; 14th April 2016, 10:47:AM. Reason: removed email so you don't get spammed xx

Comment

Hi I am new to legal beagles and I am a compass victim. Thanks for all the advice and help. Debbie

Comment

Hi Debbie and Jackie and Welcome to the forum.

I was wondering Compass peeps in general - when you signed up with Compass did you actually complete any income and expenditure statements for them to assess your circumstances and work out your pro rata payments / disposable income at all ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

I was wondering Compass peeps in general - when you signed up with Compass did you actually complete any income and expenditure statements for them to assess your circumstances and work out your pro rata payments / disposable income at all ?
            Once, when the rep came. Never again. I actually upped my payments about half way through my 'plan'.

Comment

When you upped your payments, did that increase your payments made to creditors or just the amount you paid to Compass ?

Might be worth adding to any letters to creditors that you'd appreciate a copy of any income/expenditure statements sent to them by Compass.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It just upped the amount going in, not out. I was happy that I would have more FandF money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                  I've now made 2 monthly payments to Abbey Solicitors & my calls not being returned! Should I cancel the standing order??
                  Having cancelled your Standing Order to Abbey, I would request your money back from Abbey, ask to see what work they have done on your behalf and their fees for those services.
                  If they don't refund your money - highly likely - I would also complain to the Financial Ombudsman and the Solicitors' Regulatory Authority as you, no doubt, firmly believe you have been mislead. The more of us who do that, the better it will be.
                  There are CCA letter templates on here and the perceived wisdom is to send your £1 by postal order with the words "For Statutory Fee Use Only" (Not sure why yet?) Send everything recorded delivery. Keep very good files of everything from now on.
                  If the Debt Collection Agencies (DCAs) fail to respond, it only means the debt is unenforceable which doesn't mean you don't owe the money nor that they can't take you to Court, but it does put you in a far stronger position and would probably deter the DCA from taking you to Court. It should also make them more likely to consider a Full & Final Settlement (FFS) figure - but no guarantees. A DCA has probably only paid around 10p in the pound for your debt. The clear recommendation on here is that you you continue to pay your debt within what you can afford and once you have sent the CCA letters they can't do much to you until they have proved that the debt is legal and correctly assigned to them; none of my creditors has been able to do this for me since I sent out my CCAs on 8th March - only one has responded.
                  They can only ask for money you can afford to pay back - nothing more.
                  I'm on the Compass Liquidator's Committee and if you would like to let me have your email address for updates, go to Private Messages (PMs). You can only use PMs once you have made 3 posts on here (plus at least 30 mins for the admin to catch up) - click on my name on my posts and it will give you the option to PM once you have qualified with the 3 posts.
                  Good luck and keep posting your progress - it helps everyone.
                  Wingco

Comment

Hi yes someone came to my house and did it that was back in March 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Hi yes 2009 some man came to my house but didn't do one after that

Comment

Hi someone came to my house in 2007 and that was the only time they asked for income and expenditure. I spoke to compass at Xmas and they asked me to do a new financial statement then but I never did it. I only heard from them approx 3 times in all those years except my monthly statement. I only heard recently as they wanted me to go to Abbey. I have found out that they have been listing one of my creditors twice under the original firm and a debt collector name but only paying them once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilltheblackcat View Post
                        Short and sweet but in the public eye once again. Thanks Celestine. I asked Comrade Corbyn to raise it in PMQs with Dodgy Dave, does anyone know if he did? I doubt i somehow, but worth a punt.
                        I tried the same with Jeremy Corbyn a couple of weeks ago - the more of us who do it, the more likely JC will bring it up at PMQs - I will try again and post the Corbyn Team email address on here when I find it. You would have thought it was a golden opportunity not only to score a point against Dodgy Dave ("We are all offshore together") but to attempt to embarrass Amanda Solloway, but somehow, I think she is beyond embarrassing!
                        Wingco

Comment

My creditors are - Credit Security, Moorcroft, Intrum Injustitia (Managed by Experto Credite), Cabot, Capquest, Wescot, Link, Mint (MBNA), and Lloyds

Comment

Sending out my CCA letters today, wish me luck. Also I have decided to ask a family member to help me out instead of going on another DM scheme, would rather pay them back then start from scratch as my credit rating was starting to improve - what do u think my chances are in offering some sort of settlement with my creditors as FFS? - By the end of this I will £10,000 out of pocket because of Compass - the £5,000+ they have stolen from me & now the money I have to find again to pay off my debts.

Just want this to be over, I haven't slept in weeks because of all this worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Hi Debbie and Jackie and Welcome to the forum.

Yes, ours was done in May 2006, and payment to creditors were worked out on a percentage of the total debt, I even have the mans Compass business card who came to see us, and a letter of Mark Harrison and one from Rob Solloway.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                                I am awaiting a response from Cabot. I will get one

Robinson Way added to my list. (Part of Hoist)
                                Hi Celestine - brilliant work and so appreciated. I'm 'with' Robinson Way, Link Financial, Sigma Red, Capital One (Original CC), and Halifax (original CC). plus some overdrafts and CCs with Lloyds but they are going along nicely with my DMP as are Capital One (I think? - they responded by pretending to misunderstand my monthly offer of £10 for £30 - I'm only able to pay £10 at present).

I like the idea from 1st Credit of paying off FFS by monthly payments. That is only going to work with self-managed plans in my view as payments made to creditors when you are with charity/free DMCs have to be proportional and so unless all of your creditors are paid proportionally, you might not be allowed to make larger FFS payments, even monthly; another reason for doing your own DMP if you can.
                                Wingco

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X