• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

They do appear to be refunding people who cancel so one can but keep fingers crossed xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

send them an email FAO of "Sadaf Khan" you may get a response quicker than the letter (although send a letter also)

- - - Updated - - -

I got my £150 back same day payment before 5pm. The guy who rang me was an irish guy and he was actually very nice and helpful

Comment

When you say refund any ddm payments, what do you mean? Do u mean thee compass ones? Or is that wishful thinking? How do I get this back?

Comment

The way I did this was to get my latest statement from compass. I also went on noddle and call credit and downloaded my free credit report. Then I went on Experian and paid £2 online to get my credit report. Then armed with this info just googled the creditor, rang them and after being passed around a bit I actually got to the company that was now managing my debt. Just explain the situation to them (most already know all about compass going bust anyway) say you want it putting on hold while you sort yourself out (breathing space) then list all your creditors on a spreaddsheet with dates of contact, present balances etc.

I have dealt with :

OPOS
          CAPQUEST
          WESCOTT
          MOORCROFT
          TESCO CC
          ROBINSON WAY
          MMF.

They were all fine with my explanation. Just be honest with them

Comment

Have sent email no response as yet that was yesterday.... Here's hoping

- - - Updated - - -

I got my £150 back same day payment before 5pm. The guy who rang me was an irish guy and he was actually very nice and helpful[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by aidierobbo View Post
              Where do I get a blank Consumer Credit Act letter template that I can amend in a word document?
              When you use the LB CCA letter, amend your signature to a slightly different version and sign in green or red ink - DCAs have a habit of 'lifting' signatures from letters and applying them to a copy of the original agreement - with a slightly different signature, you will expose this trick.
              Send everything recorded delivery, keep a file copy, and chase them after 12+2 days with the follow-up letter.

Most important - keep everyone posted on your progress with as much detail as you can or wish. "We are all in it together" David Cameron May 2015. Except I doubt Dave can spell 'debt'.

It helps if you personalise your letter rather than simply copying the LB version; they could be getting hundreds of them over the next few months. Wingco.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay50 View Post
                When you say refund any ddm payments, what do you mean? Do u mean thee compass ones? Or is that wishful thinking? How do I get this back?
                No way - just the Abbey ones. Although Compass turned out to be a scam, it was okay for a while. But you may have a point.......................
                worth a try. I think banks can only refund back 3 months and probably knowing that Compass is in Liquidation, they are probably unlikely to refund anything. I will try Barclays. "If you don't ask, you don't get" The Greek Prime Minister asking Angela Merkal for billions for war damage to Greece Sept 2015.

Amethyst: What do you think of going to our banks and asking for DDM refunds for some of our Compass payments - it's a long shot?
                Wingco

Comment

Which email did you send it too and what did you say? I have emailed twice - that's why I sent a registered letter today? Thank u in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Hakster View Post
                    Today I stopped my standing order with bank for compass even though I've had nothing in writing from them. They (compass) took my monthly instalment but distributed none of it to my creditors and my monthly payment in March was returned (this was when I started to figure out something was wrong-although everything I've found out so far had been internet based). Who has breached the contract on this Compass or me?
                    The liquidator AABRS seized the bank accounts and froze them in March. Compass was returning most of the February DDM payments. I got mine back from Compass. But there is no way they can take any more of our money.
                    Wingco

Comment

Hi, having read through my dealings with Compass are very much the same as everyone else. My wife and I both had arrangements with Compass for 4 years. We had £4,000 each in 'our pots'. Since finding out we have completed the forms and sent them to the liquidators. We have also spoken to all our creditors and are arranging with Stepchange to take over our DMP. All the creditors have placed a stop on the accounts, some for 30 days and some for 60 days. We also signed up with Abbey Solicitors but have cancelled the arrangement, I lost £275 to them as they claim to have already started work on my case. My wifes payment had only been sent that day and they returned her money. We would like to join the group that is set up to provide information going forward. Thanks to all those giving advice

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay50 View Post
                        I still have the emails from compass where I said at the beginning of the yr...how I was looking forward to being debt free in a yr and they were so convincing in their replies..... Now its gonna be another 4 yes at least. Will I ever be able to have a mortgage again?
                        It shouldn't affect a mortgage application, in theory. Some mortgage companies don't use credit references agencies and simply use an affordability test. But your chances may well still be slim. Marry someone with a great income and good record!!!!! Wingco, Pilot and part-time Marriage Counsellor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
                          No way - just the Abbey ones. Although Compass turned out to be a scam, it was okay for a while. But you may have a point.......................
                          worth a try. I think banks can only refund back 3 months and probably knowing that Compass is in Liquidation, they are probably unlikely to refund anything. I will try Barclays. "If you don't ask, you don't get" The Greek Prime Minister asking Angela Merkal for billions for war damage to Greece Sept 2015.

Amethyst: What do you think of going to our banks and asking for DDM refunds for some of our Compass payments - it's a long shot?
                          Wingco
                          Direct Debit payments? Very unlikely, the DD's were set up genuinely and there (subject to opinion) wasn't money taken fraudulently. The payments should have stopped being claimed for mid Feb. The banks have done nothing wrong, and unless you were paying compass by credit card each month (which would have been exceedingly unwise for a dump) the bank has no liability for refunding you anything due to Compass being 'a bit dodgy'.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

When you use the LB CCA letter, amend your signature to a slightly different version and sign in green or red ink - DCAs have a habit of 'lifting' signatures from letters and applying them to a copy of the original agreement - with a slightly different signature, you will expose this trick.
                            Send everything recorded delivery, keep a file copy, and chase them after 12+2 days with the follow-up letter.

Most important - keep everyone posted on your progress with as much detail as you can or wish. "We are all in it together" David Cameron May 2015. Except I doubt Dave can spell 'debt'.

It helps if you personalise your letter rather than simply copying the LB version; they could be getting hundreds of them over the next few months. Wingco.
                            Just on this, really don't be paranoid about signing letters, back in 2007 there was one incidence of a fraudulently placed signature... otherwise its a bit of a myth, it would be a criminal offence and it doesn't happen, creditors don't actually need the signed agreement to comply with the CCA request - a reconstruction does the job, so although I agree a mark so U know what was signed recently as opposed to a few years ago is a good idea for your own peace of mind, obfuscating signatures can just hold things up in the long run.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by tonyslim View Post
                              Hi, having read through my dealings with Compass are very much the same as everyone else. My wife and I both had arrangements with Compass for 4 years. We had £4,000 each in 'our pots'. Since finding out we have completed the forms and sent them to the liquidators. We have also spoken to all our creditors and are arranging with Stepchange to take over our DMP. All the creditors have placed a stop on the accounts, some for 30 days and some for 60 days. We also signed up with Abbey Solicitors but have cancelled the arrangement, I lost £275 to them as they claim to have already started work on my case. My wifes payment had only been sent that day and they returned her money. We would like to join the group that is set up to provide information going forward. Thanks to all those giving advice
                              Still go to your bank and ask for them to refund your Abbey DDM payment as it was based on false claims. Mention all of the supporting info on here. They should refund it. I would also tell Abbey that you are going to complain to the Law Society and the FCA. As practising solicitors, they cannot risk losing their licence to practise. I reckon you have about a 95% chance of getting your money back. If they refuse again, get them to itemise and prove the amount of work done so far. It is, however, likely they have done 2 hours' work which would easily use up your £275, but become a thorn in their sides. Keep watching this site, listen to Radio 4 You and Yours (they are going after Abbey), and regularly Google Abbey Solicitors, Manchester to see if there is any new info about them on there. Wingco
                              Last edited by Wingco; 4th April 2016, 23:22:PM.

Comment

It shouldn't affect a mortgage application, in theory. Some mortgage companies don't use credit references agencies and simply use an affordability test. But your chances may well still be slim. Marry someone with a great income and good record!!!!! Wingco, Pilot and part-time Marriage Counsellor.
                                Credit file defaults should be dropping off if you were with Compass for a few years, they stay on for six from default. The issue with mortgages is affordability so if you have 20k outstanding debt then it isn't likely you'd pass affordability criteria. There is also of course the risk of future CCJ's and it really depends hugely on individual situations whether people want to risk a CCJ being added to their file for the next six years or want to do everything possible to avoid that risk. For those that don't know Noddle is a decent free site to check your credit file.
                                Last edited by EXC; 5th April 2016, 04:43:AM. Reason: Changes 'Noodle' to 'Noddle'.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X