• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Remrett you tease - please inbox info you have or post it on the money saving forum!!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5059267

Comment

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

If they are details such as I imagine from the comments, then MSE will not allow them to remain on the thread there either..

Comment

Originally posted by Jevpop View Post
        They have messed us all up! I know I said above that creditors were great, they all are except for one.... Marlin Financial Services.... they are bullying us into paying them more! We have 9 creditors in total and we have been through income and expenditure with all of them, the exact same info.... the only company questioning our expenses are Marlin, made me feel very small, embarrassed and stupid for spending unnecessarily..... ie.... school trips for the kids, dancing and football for the kids.... endowment mortgage savings! Are they for real??!!! They are our smallest debt and were being really nasty.. I know they are trying to force us to pay them off... but I know they have to all be paid fairly.. pro rata, one creditor cant be seen to be more favourable to pay than the others!
        Anyway they have declined or offer... which was double what Bournes paid them, the were pushing me into another debt management company, which we dont need to do know, we have dealt with them all except for theirs! so I have sent in a complaint.. the customer service was shocking! We'll see what happens next, but from reading on other forums etc I think Marlin are nasty! If no result I will contact the FCA and the financial ombudsman, where do we stand with this do you think???
        We have quite a lot of Marlin cases on here. If the original debt was a loan or credit card or catalogue account I would recommend sending them a CCA request for the original documents. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Last View Post
          Remrett you tease - please inbox info you have or post it on the money saving forum!!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5059267
          Your link is broken Last. There is a Bournes thread running on MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=66572301
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I am a bit behind the times here, I am a Bournes DMP client and only found out yesterday what was going on from this site ( thankyou for that) Has anybody had letters from Bournes or the administrators yet? I have not heard a thing, just stsrted getting letters and phone calls from my creditors. Help!!!

Comment

I'd suggest getting in touch with Stepchange to set up your DMP for free, and they might have some advice what to do with regards Bournes. You should also ensure you have stopped any standing orders or DD's going to Bournes.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                I'd suggest getting in touch with Stepchange to set up your DMP for free, and they might have some advice what to do with regards Bournes. You should also ensure you have stopped any standing orders or DD's going to Bournes.
                I have canelled my standing order today but it was paid again yesterday.
                Do I need to contact the adminstrators or do I wait for them to contact me?

Comment

We have quite a lot of Marlin cases on here. If the original debt was a loan or credit card or catalogue account I would recommend sending them a CCA request for the original documents. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement
                  Thanks Amethyst, think requesting a CCA might be the next step, very frustrating for us all, thank goodness for this forum, we can all help each other and find advice on what to do in this awful mess Bournes has left us with, lets hope we get some of our money back!!!

Comment

Ah no... its for a bank account, the CCA wont apply will it? I'm just eagerly awaiting for them to respond, Ive also emailed Stepchange and the FCA for advice

Comment

No it won't unfortunately. I doubt you'll get a lot out of the FCA but it's always good to remind them it actually affects people on the ground (I think they forget that sometimes). I'd give Stepchange a call though.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by confused bournes client View Post
                        I have canelled my standing order today but it was paid again yesterday.
                        Do I need to contact the adminstrators or do I wait for them to contact me?
                        I'd email the administrators with your details so you are on the list of creditors, I also wouldn't hold your breath for a response.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I know that some of you have decided to deal with your creditors yourselves but if for various reasons you prefer not to, StepChange have been brilliant. I'm going into hospital so it was easier for me to let StepChange deal with everything. Two weeks and my DMP has been set up, creditors contacted and my first payment to them by DD due on the 10th.
                          I highly recommend them and the bonus is creditors have a good relationship with StepChange.
                          One worry taken away from me

Comment

Excellent. Thank you for reporting back xx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'd email the administrators with your details so you are on the list of creditors, I also wouldn't hold your breath for a response.
                              I e-mailed the administrator and got a reply, basically only got info that I had already got from this forum about login details for the administrators website to check any updates. I contacted my creditors, which I have to say were all really good. Most have put a 30 day hold on my accounts and 3 have recommended Step change to me. So it looks as if that is the way I will be going but I am still waiting to see where my 'final payment pot' money is!
                              Thankyou for all the help and advice, I would still be trying to phone Bournes if I hadn't come across this forum.

Comment

Finally managed to emailed Mr Levy last night and got a reply first thing this morning, so really quick!!
                                However, my heart sank as I read what we all suspected that it looks like there is not enough money.
                                This is what he said:-

"The investigation into the client money position is still being investigated. It appears there may be insufficient money to return to all clients but confirmation is unlikely to be given until we complete our investigations. There are a number of accounts used by the company in this matter and thus going through the statements will take time."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X