• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Think Banking and Gregory Pennington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Banking and Gregory Pennington

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right area. (I hope so)
    I wanted to know if I had any right to claim compensation from the companies who deal with my debt managment.
    Just some background.
    About 18 months - 2 years ago I decided my debt was just too much and decided to seek advise. I came across Gregory Pennington, I spoke to them and they advised they could deal help me with managing my debt and deal with the creditors. They advised me I would have to leave the bank I was with as much of my debt was a loan held with that bank, and they said the bank could just take money from my account if they didn't agree with the payments. So they put me in touch with their sister company Think Banking.
    With Gregory Pennington I pay a fee of 15% of the payments I make for debt and Think Banking I pay about £15 a month to bank with them.
    The agreement with Think Banking is that when money is payed in from my employer they will split it between 2 accounts, one for bills (which I cannot touch) and one for money left for me to spend.
    Gregory Pennington take the agreed amount from Think Banking as soon as I get paid.
    But this month it all went wrong.
    Think Banking messed up and did not forward the money onto Gregory Pennington for my debt. The explination they gave me is because my employer paid my exspences 2 days prior to my normal pay day someone in their office changed the dates of my salaries payment. And because Gregory Penningtons system had a different date on their system the systems could not talk to each other and therefore no payment was passed through.
    Because I pay the premium for the money to be split as soon as it hits my account I used what was on my card accout (being near Christmas - lost of presents) without realising Gregory Pennington didn't have my money for the Debitors.
    When I recieved a message from Gregory Pennington asking me to call I did and was told they had not recieved the payment and wanted it now. I asked what happened and they said it was nothing to do with them and I would have to speak to Think Banking (even though they are part of the same company). When I explained I did not have the money they said I would have to repay the money over the next few months and I will be charged by the creditors for missed payments.
    As you can imagine I cannot afford higher payments as I am paying as much as I can afford each month.
    I understand I need to still pay off that part of the debt, but is there any claim for compensation I can make aginst either of them as they messed up on the movement of oney which I pay a premium for.
    Sorry it's a bit long winded, hope it makes sense.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Think Banking and Gregory Pennington

This may not be much help as I do not have an answer for you as such.
    What I do know is you need to argue with them further.

I am also with Gregory Pennington and Think Banking (annoying as it can be)
    October Pay (heading to November) I rang the bank to check my balance, and found on the automated service that I had way more in the bank then I thought I should, so I put myself through to find out why that was. It turned out that they had not forwarded my payment to Gregory Pennington.... normally it is the first thing paid.... sometime before we have been paid. but for some reason they had left my debt money in my normal account which definatly would have been spent if I had not have checked my balance.

When I asked why it had not been paid she could not come up with much.... infact I just remember her making no sense... just apologised and corrected it. I was a little angry because me and my husband would have spent it and would not have had the money to pay them like they asked of yourself.

Either way it is unlikely that what they are saying is true..... as the very same thing happened to us and probable many others too. they are blagging you. hope you get it sorted.... please argue this out, they get paid enough from us for this not to happen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X