• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old debts with debt collectors and planning to go for DMP with current creditors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old debts with debt collectors and planning to go for DMP with current creditors

Hi everyone,

I am in a stressful situation and need some advice.

I have very old debts ( more then 12 years old ) totaling around £10K with various debt collector agencies ( Lowell, Capquest,Moorcroft, PRA ) where I am paying then £1 or £2 since 2012-2013.
    some of them have F&F offer of 40% others are demanding payment in full or 90%.

Now I am married and have a joint mortgage with my wife, I am currently in debt of £37k with various credit cards and 1 unsecured loan, I am unable to keep up with payments and also some credit cards
    interest free period is about to expire and I cannot get new card due to large debts.

I contacted the Stepchange and they suggested a DMP with current creditors of around £150 a month ( will take too long to clear, but I may clear this with F&F lower settlement and increase payments in few years ), my wife debts are under control and she will not be part of DMP, neither I want to tell her full picture about my debts, I am more worried about my house as I don't want to have any impact on my current mortgage, my fixed deal expires in Oct 25, and I am happy to stay with same lender when they offer new deal as I believe my credit file wont be matter then? kindly shed some light if my understanding is correct,and DMP is better option for me, I am scared of IVA as doesn't sound nice to me.

I have not informed Stepchange of my old debts, neither then are on my file, I want to close these off before I go in DMP, should I asked the debt agencies to send me CCA? do I have to include these in my DMP or I can keep it separate as these are not on my file ( I also pay them from separate account not from my main account )

Tags: None

You really should consider coming clean on all these matters.

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
      You really should consider coming clean on all these matters.
      Sorry I dont understand?

Comment

It may be the way you write, but it sounds as if others in your list of people involved with your situation are not aware of the true picture. I happily apologise if this is incorrect.

Comment

I believe you saying about not telling my wife, she knows and also aware that i will go for debt plan, however she is not interested to know in details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X