• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ question HSBC credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ question HSBC credit card

Hi all.
    sadly I had to arrange a DMP about 3 years ago due to the breakup of my marriage. I started one with Stepchange and have paid every payment for the last 3 years.

I owe I think about £40k across all debts and am paying £275 which is obviously split between each creditor. I am hoping to increase this significantly soon as a I have just qualified as an IFA.

one thing I am a little worried about is in my new contract it states if I get a CCJ I will lose my job…

recently stepchange contacted HSBC and all
    the creditors to say after a budget assessment I was able to increase my payments (was paying £250) but HSBC have come back and said they are not looking after my debt now and it has gone from my online banking and they gave me the number for the new department which inwas
    told was the insolvency department.

now I’m extremely worried now because if they issue me with a CCJ then I won’t have a job to pay them anything… I’m also a bit surprised that after 3 years they have only just marked it as a default on my account which has screwed me being able to get a remortgage to repay all the debt as it is so recent.

it’s possible I could maybe pay the amount as it’s about £1500 and I could ask my employer to advance me the money however if they do this and I repay that then they may well do the same for the £30k loan which I am obviously in no position to repay that which is still
    showing as in arrears after 3 years I.e still no default on that!

is it likely that HSBC will issue a CCJ bearing in mind I have been making the payments to Stepchange? At the moment they haven’t even told me where to send the payments for the credit card (there fault) so I am not even making any repayments on it.

this has got me pretty worried tbh.

any advice would be very helpful.

thank you

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X