• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DMP, Credit card missed payments and defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMP, Credit card missed payments and defaults

Hi,

I’m hoping someone will be able to advise me. I had a number of loans, credit cards etc that I couldn’t pay following my husband losing his job in 2014.

We entered a DMP in September 2014 and have paid back everything we owed. All accounts are closed with zero outstanding balance. Some of the accounts were defaulted straight away due to the reduced payments being made and they were sold to other companies,

The defaults were showing on my credit file for 6 years and have now all been removed. However, MBNA have married my account as missed payments for two months, then a large gap of no data (I’m assuming this was due to the arrears coming down) and then missed payments again for around 10 months from September 2017. (Again because the account was still in arrears).
    We were on the DMP the whole time so I can’t understand why they didn’t default us in the beginning. They have refused to add a default saying that because the payments were enough to bring the account out of arrears some of the time.

This means that I have an account showing a large amount of missed payments from 2014 to 2017 on my account and this will not be removed for 6 years from 2019 when the account was closed.
    If I had paid nothing in 2014 for 6 months and then made payments the account would have defaulted and be off my credit record now.

My question/concern is should I now take this to the FOS and say that this unfair and default should have been added or is it better to leave it as it with my credit record reflecting missed payments 30 months ago.
    My other concern is that they may say add the default from 2017 which mean a default on my account for a further three years, which I’m assuming is even worse than missed payments.

Im now divorced due to the stress of it all, I want to get on with my life and get a new mortgage. If Credit Karma is accurate my score is 604, which is showing as good.

Andy guidance nor suggestions is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X