• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot working on behalf of Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wescot working on behalf of Arrow Global

Hi Warpa

I can not see anything other than the first letter but even if the second page was full size i would think it looks illegible

However having said that- the debt is from 2011 or something isn't it. The CCA request is just for info purposes although if they do not comply they can not enforce

I would frankly probably not respond unless they send you something a little stronger when I would send a simple letter saying what they sent did not comply with their requirements under the consumer credit act.

Assuming that £50 payment is correct just 19 months until it is SB

Comment

I can see it now

An illegible recon I think without the necessary sets of terms and conditions

Comment

No signature, no statements, no default notices, no record of them obtaining the debt, no statements. At least Lowell tried, these have done nothing. The words in the 1st letter;

They have sent a copy of agreement.

I asked for a deed of assignment and a signed one at that.

Comment

Hi
          Early on you say you sent a CCA request- I assume this was with the fee?

A cca request only provides certain details

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
            Hi
            Early on you say you sent a CCA request- I assume this was with the fee?

A cca request only provides certain details
            Yes £1 postal order in it. I did read not to do that any more as rules have changed. That agreement they sent me had neither mine or the lenders on it, it doesn't even have a letter head.

Comment

But that's not a complete agreement from what I can make out? That appears to be mishmash of some t&c's with a part agreement thrown in.

Its not legible either.

Comment

Hi

I may be wrong but the CCA still says there is a £1 fee
                [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

any idea

In any event

A CCA request should contain your name and the lenders name along with the terms and conditions
                They should also include the terms and conditions at default - if different.

They may well argue that the letter is enough for the statement of account as it shows the outstanding balance - I assume it does

The problem is that they can easily rectify any problems with the CCA request should they so choose

I am not sure how or where you asked for a DN or a signed Deed of assignment but I think they would be asked for if they sent you a letter of claim

I can't really tell you what to do but as i said earlier I personally would sit on it unless something else happens

If you get a letter of claim, then you ask for the DN the Deed of assignment etc

Comment

[MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION]

Still £1 afaik.

Perhaps the 'rule change' is referring to the possible tactics to be employed due to the new pre action protocol. [MENTION=92657]Warpa[/MENTION] for clarification?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION]

Still £1 afaik.

Perhaps the 'rule change' is referring to the possible tactics to be employed due to the new pre action protocol. [MENTION=92657]Warpa[/MENTION] for clarification?
                    It was a while ago that I read it elsewhere, I think the reason may have been that the payment could be used as admission to the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpa View Post
                      It was a while ago that I read it elsewhere, I think the reason may have been that the payment could be used as admission to the debt.
                      This is why it is necessary to write on the payment 'for statutory fee only' also keep a copy of the cheque/postal order etc in your records.

Comment

& no, it's not admitting the alleged debt.
                        It is a request for documentation.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
                          This is why it is necessary to write on the payment 'for statutory fee only' also keep a copy of the cheque/postal order etc in your records.
                          Not exactly necessary but may be useful if you keep a copy of what you sent and possibly if the cheque becomes detached from the letter but there again how would they be certain which account to credit it to.
                          If it makes you feel more comfortable, do it

Comment

So should I just wait for another letter from them?

Comment

I would at the moment

Comment

Arrow returned my fee TWICE !
                                With what looks like a template letter saying they were not the creditors.
                                Two different collectors Wescott and NCO, over a year a d a half since that one!
                                The alleged debt by my paper work is now statute barred but they did try and say I made a payment which if proved ( I didn't and they can't) that would make it March next year
                                Over four years if you count the two DCAs over six since the OC CCA request and they payed it onto the alleged account even though I had stated for statutory fee only.
                                Last edited by dogtired; 27th October 2017, 12:07:PM.
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X