• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help

I still don't think you owe any more than 886 but hey ho. Wish someone could explain their calculations.

Arrears due 885

plus compensation for lost income 2450

LESS sale of printer 2389

LESS discount 3% PA of lost income 60.00

DOESNT EQUAL £3275 as stated on that paperwork
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm with you on that one Ame, but what's done is done now, although if it was me I would be taking the above calc up with them and asking for a refund, certainly not paying another 2.6K.,
      Is no longer here

Comment

I don't think the judge in the set aside of the stat demand looked at a single shred of evidence because its all against go debt. The debt is £886 plus interest over the 4 years and godebts charges at a push. Certainly not 3k, 5.6k or 9k.

But yes whats done is done and I do understand what rico has done in paying - hopefully going back to sue their arses will recover some of this money.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

so do I, its a scary situation to be in I think, and i can understand why they've paid the 3k. thats why I asked what the F and fi figure is, cos why pay any more if the 3k is f and f.
          Is no longer here

Comment

They have basically given us til September to pay the 2.6k that is left. Im going to ring the court tomorrow to find out if they have told them the bankrupty is off. I dont trust them either. In the letter they have just stated that it is 3k then a further payment of 2.6k in september in full & final settlement.
            Once I get confirmation from the court Im sending off the letter with regards the SAR, that will **** Go debt off just a little I hope.
            My calculations were the same as the above. I told them I was willing to pay the £885. They said the printer being taken & being sold doesnt make any difference because the printer was always the property of GE Capital (Paul Evans said that on Thursday). You cant argue with these people. You think you have a legitimate argument & they just **** all over it & then just keep threatening more charges. If we didnt agree to the 5.6k they were going to make it 9k. We just couldnt take the chance.

Comment

I don't think this is over by any stretch of the imagination and I'll be shocked if they don't either a) go for the bankruptcy anyway and/or b) whack it back up to £9k.

Comment

I thought by agreeing to the 5.6k that would be it. Go debt should be bloody satisfied, they have got thousands from us for a debt we shouldn't be paying in the first place. But Im willing to fight them with all your help.
                Go debt said they cant confirm that the bankrupty is off till the bank transfer shows up in their account, which can take upto 3 days. Until I have confirmation from the court Im still living on a knife edge.
                I just want this nightmare over & that is what it has been. Im stil upset that it has come to this.
                Thankyou all so much for your support.

Comment

Hi there. Baiscally Hollis briggs/Go debt confirmed today that they received the 3k by bank transfer. I then rang the court who told me they have to have a letter from Go debt to say the hearing is canceled. I then emailed Go debt who said they have sent a letter today & basically the hearing for the bankrupty will still go ahead, but neither my husband or themselves have to attend because the judge will read the letter (if it arrives ) & then the hearing will be ajourned till September when they recieve the following 2.6k. At the end of the day Im still nervous by this. Any advice?

Comment

Well for a start I ould not trust them about attending.

Can i ask some of the more experienced on here about the fact that GE did not appear to contact the poster for years before passing on the debt. As they have not moved are there not rules about certain important letters being sent "signed for"

Should they not be made to produce evidence of contact?

I am glad to se you are getting help - this is a really awful case,
                    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Did they confirm in writing that they have NOW received the payment.

Did they give you a copy of the letter that they say they have sent to the court, so that you can take it with you.

If it were me I would not leave it to chance that a letter has been sent by them and that the Judge receives it.

I would definately turn up in court with written proof of your agreement with them and that you also have written proof that you have paid the £3K by bank transfer and that they have received it.

I would not leave it to chance, if it were me, I would want to cover all bases.

Wishing all the best.

Comment

They have confirmed by email they have received the 3k. They sent the letter today to the court, but have not sent a copy to us.Im going to ask them to email me a copy tomorrow. My husband is ringing the court tomorrow to see if they have received it. Its a shame my husband is going to have to take another days holiday for this crap,but needs must. I cant believe this is not going to be canceled, just ajourned til September. I suppose thats how they can justify the charges. I just hope that when they receive my letter with regards the SAR they dont do something stupid. I cant believe even after paying these cowboys that Im still worried about this.

Comment

I fail to see why you are surprised at this. There are three pages to this thread with plenty of advice on what to do, yet you have paid attention to GoDebt and Hollis Briggs only with entirely predictable results.

If you are not willing to take notice of the advice you have been given here, then hire a solicitor and pay for advice - either way you need to stop taking your cues from GoDebt/Hollis Briggs or this is what is going to keep happening. This is serious. This is not therapy. It is litigation.

Why did you not file an N244 and stay the proceedings? None of this need be happening at all.

Now you will need to attend court because you have no idea what their letter will contain and even if they send you a copy, how do you know it is really a copy and not an entirely different letter?

Your aim at the hearing is to have the proceedings stayed, not adjourned, pending a full and proper examination of the alleged debt and an analysis of the history and proper scrutiny of the methods employed by GoDebt/Hollis Briggs.

Of course, the time for this is passed. The purpose of the hearing next week is to hear a bankruptcy petition, the fact that you have bought yourself some time does not alter that fact and the court may not be interested in your arguments now. Depending on the order that is made, you may need to file to vary that order, or apply for a new hearing.

All this is possible and you could still come out of this ahead, but you need to stop paying exclusive attention to those who seek to take your house and start paying attention to those of us who are trying to help.

Comment

I totally agree with you, but its really difficult. At the end of the day we have paid now & I want to fight Go debt when I dont have the threat of bankrupty/losing my home hanging over my head. What didnt give me confidence is the fact the judge never looked at the facts regarding the stat.demand so why would he now decide to when no new facts have come forward? IF he never over turned the stat..demand why would he overturn the bankrupty?
                            I truly thankyou for all your advice & that is why Im about to send off the paperwork for the SAR & we will take it from there.
                            Im sorry if you think I have ignored your advice, but I have no faith in the court where I live.

Comment

Glad you are sending off the SAR - are you sending one to the original creditor too ?

Just keep in touch with the court and do NOT take Go Debts word for ANYTHING.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Im sending one of to Go debt & one of to G E Capital, so we will se what happens. I suppose I wont be writing on this thread for a little while because I know a SAR can take upto 40 days to come.
                                Thankyou all again for your advice.

let the battle commence very soon re: Go debt

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X