• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restitution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restitution

HI all,

First claim against Abbey well under way but only claiming s69 interest.

Claim against them for my personal account; I've got the statements and prepared a schedule of charges but then I read somewhere about the principal of restitution rather than ordinary contractual.

Seems it's based on the premise that when the bank takes your money they invest it, lend it out again etc and make profit on it. At the end of the year they announce their net profit over the year. So say they announce 30% net profit, when charges are reclaimed you claim back 30% from date of charge, because that's what they will have made from your money in that year. Now, the interesting bit, if they don't repay you each year then the next year they take more money in charges, make profit on it, declare their net profit, so you add the two amounts, last years with the 30% added to this years and then add their announced pofit to that, again from date of charge.

Seems simple but I can imagine it being a minefield and they'll fight to the death not to repay at that level but I'm wondering if any of the extremely sharp people on this forum had any thoughts on whether it's a viable way to go.

I know it will take a lot of work and research but I'd be really tempted to give it a try and see if I can rattle their cage a little.

What do you think?

Hi Tricia,

Seems you have become much more enthusiastic in a very short time lol, Thinks I can see the principal that this is based on beu not sure of the legalities, I imagine however the wise heads hear will be looking at this very closely.

Another one of yours to keep an eye on then,

Cheers

BB

Comment

Thanks BB. Don't go cross eyes though will you, it wouldn't look nice with the blue/purple you must be by now through holding your breath over my claim against Abbey.

Comment

Re: Restitution

Hi Tricia
        I think you have to deduct the tax which they have to pay, but it is still very nice, very, very nice.

How is your 2nd claim coming!

Dsxx:o

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X