• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just joined (but no virgin) !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The defs caselaw would be good, Photoman. Please do.

Comment

Okay some case laws quoted in defence:

Regards to provision of an unauthorised overdraft being subject to a contractual provision between parties they cite:
      Barclays Bank v W J Simms Son & Cooke (Southern) Ltd [1980] 1 QB 677

Regards to defence that charges are not penalties they cite:
      Export Credits Guarantee Department v Universal Oil Products Co [1983] 1 WLR
      Transag Haulage Ltd v Leyland DAF Finance [1994] BCC 356

Regards to claiming a long delay in taking actions as cause for reducing period and/or rate of interest they cite:

Claymore services Ltd v Nautilus Properties Ltd [2007] EWHC 805 (TCC)

In defence of claiming that the Banker customer relationship is a contractual one and does not include any duty of trust they cite:

Foley v Hill [1848] 2 HLC 28
      Joachimson v Swiss Bank Corporation [1921] 3 KB 110

They also try to cite Murray v leisureplay as indicative that the onus is on the claimant not the defendant to prove that the sum is a penalty as opposed to a genuine pre estimate of losses.

Managed to get most of these, and can forward to those who would like and can't find elsewhere, (except for Claymore v Nautilus, if anyone can help me find that).
      Not had a chance to read through them myself, but will post my thoughts once I have.

regards

PM

Comment

Hi Photoman,Simian & co, you could try the following web site, you can search 1,000s of law cases here.

Law Cases | Case Law Database

You may be aware of this site, if so, I have several others, the cases are submitted in quartely intervals, so it would depend when in 2007 the relevant case was heard.
        Happy hunting
        Last edited by Simian; 12th June 2007, 16:34:PM. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Thanks Photoman, and thanks, Strange. Very useful.

BTW, I fixed the link in your post, strange.

Comment

I've now found Claymore v Nautilus.

Basically, it's a feeble attempt to contend that a delay in a claimant issuing proceedings should be considered as just cause to reduce the rate of interest and period thereon.

So that'll be a straight rebuttal, with regards how the claimant has been unaware of his rights to claim due to their own concealment and cloaking that prevented my excercising of any rights, and citing OFT report etc.

Sorry guys, you can't break the law, hide the fact, and then expect your very own concealment to afford you any protection !!

PM

Comment

Originally posted by photoman View Post
              Sorry guys, you can't break the law, hide the fact, and then expect your very own concealment to afford you any protection !!
              Nicely summarised, P-M. Thank you !!!

Comment

Many thanks sim, glad to be of service, here are a couple of more good web sites for researching case law essays etc.

case study: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

may you have many happy hours viewing.
                Last edited by strangewayofsavin; 13th June 2007, 10:30:AM. Reason: removed 1 link, as a pay site

Comment

Thanks again, Strange. I think it might be worth stickying these links you're giving us. Could you possibly check the Law Essays UK link, as I can't get that to work.

Comment

Hi Simian, just tried them on my computer, all 3 worked fine.
                    Cheers PO
                    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Hi Simian, by all means make them stickies, but, seeing as there has been an allegation from another consumer site, that legal beagels is a profit making site, I would leave the law essays link out, as it is a site where you purchase a training pack etc on certain laws, the others have ample free research with relevant case law.

Comment

hi Photo

remember me , i keep pestering you for more info on what to do next, not havingheard back from my SAR and the 40 days have past, you know my case history and i used sections of your SAR sent in May which was ALL HISTORY of BANKING, letters, contracts, statements ect, heard nothing time has elapsed, If you have a minute could you tell me if when you sent your SAR did they send anything? or part data? What do i do now?

hels

Comment

Just saying hello

Hi Photman,
                          I know of you from CAG, albeit I have a different name here.
                          Good Luck with your claim and I am sure you will get all the help your need on this site.
                          DS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X