• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

oops, snap with R0b xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Marlin Financial Services has changed its name to Cabot Financial (Marlin) Ltd - see companies house number 04618038 29 March 2004 to 18 Feb 2015.

Cabot Financial (Marlin) Ltd are actually registered with the ICO, see attached PDF. Might I ask what the basis of their wrongdoing is?

Sorry if I am sounding thick but I'm not entirely understanding the issue.
      It simple Rob ..........Marlin Financial Services LIMITED do not exist and never have done.........the ICO registration section have carried all these check out all the Cabot registrations etc etc and agree that Marlin Financial Services LIMITED have never existed................Grace & George Appeal Court ruling comes into play ........ all the principles of the DPA and the Misrepresentation Act.
      "Quote"from the ICO Legal Guidance
      A data controller must comply with all relevant rules of law whether derived from statute or common law, relating to the purpose and ways the dat controller processes personal data....................

Sparkie

Comment

but they did exist..? see attached
        Attached Files
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          oops, snap with R0b xxx
          No problem ..........All Marlin entries MUST show as Cabot Financial ( Marlin) Ltd,..... NOT..... Marlin Financial Services LIMITED.
          Not just my view but the ICO,s
          Sparkie

Comment

Sparks, Marlin Financial Services Limited did exist. The changed their name to Cabot Financial ( Marlin)

Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
              No problem ..........All Marlin entries MUST show as Cabot Financial ( Marlin) Ltd,..... NOT..... Marlin Financial Services LIMITED.
              Not just my view but the ICO,s
              Sparkie
              There will be some changeover period of course. The reporting needs to be accurate so yes as they report entries after the change of name the new name should be entered. But for the ICO - Marlin Financial Services Limited exist and have just changed name to Cabot.... I suspect entries are put on CRA files through company codes and they need updating
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

but they did exist..? see attached
                Hands held high..................I stand corrected on this one Rob ...........BUT as the name has been changed ....they cannot use that name to enter information on a credit file or for anything else.
                I really appreciate the info you have come up with so that I make no mistakes in my info to the ICO.
                Thanks
                Sparkie

Comment

Sorry I think I've understood you point now, the issue is the name of the company the default is under correct?

Just had a quick scan on Grace v Blackhorse (not clued up on all of the CCA cases) and seems to relate to irredeemably unenforceable agreements, so for temporarily unenforceable ones Briggs LJ indicated thats another issue for another day, but he did agree as regards to other authorities like McGuffick which implies that an entry for default on unenforceable agreements can apply?

I think there would be a causation for the debtor to prove as if it is the same company but merely a change of name the debtor is still in the same position and the only issue is obviously an administrative one whether the ICO would take a point on this I have no idea.
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

There will be some changeover period of course. The reporting needs to be accurate so yes as they report entries after the change of name the new name should be entered. But for the ICO - Marlin Financial Services Limited exist and have just changed name to Cabot.... I suspect entries are put on CRA files through company codes and they need updating
                    ICO say they do not exist as far as they are concerned............the entry on the persons credit file was entered in June 2015.............Cabot have no such entry as Marlin Financial Services LIMITED being used as a trading name on their ICO licence.

I'm only really trying to nail Cabot for some wrongdoing to help someone.
                    Sparkie

Comment

Cabot Credit Management Group Limited
                      Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited
                      Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited
                      CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry I think I've understood you point now, the issue is the name of the company the default is under correct?

Just had a quick scan on Grace v Blackhorse (not clued up on all of the CCA cases) and seems to relate to irredeemably unenforceable agreements, so for temporarily unenforceable ones Briggs LJ indicated thats another issue for another day, but he did agree as regards to other authorities like McGuffick which implies that an entry for default on unenforceable agreements can apply?

I think there would be a causation for the debtor to prove as if it is the same company but merely a change of name the debtor is still in the same position and the only issue is obviously an administrative one whether the ICO would take a point on this I have no idea.

Agree with you Rob however the 4th Principle of the DPA remains ......." accuracy " of data /information........ to claim a limited company still exists in its OWN right when it doesn't contravenes the Companies Act and is a Misrepresentation of a Fact.
                        Sparkie

Comment

That's good stuff ...No Marlin Financial Services Limited showing.
                          On the entry I'm talking about they have changed the original credit card number/ agreement number to their own number and as pt has argued and their ICO registration does not allow Cabot........or Marlin to conduct consumer credit business................they can only buy debts and collect them and collect on behalf of third parties.
                          I'm getting there I think.

Sparkie

Comment

That ICO entry is the Marlin Financial entry - it's had the name change applied.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

That ICO entry is the Marlin Financial entry - it's had the name change applied.
                              Absolutely........name changed to Cabot in Feb 2015 as you pointed out ............the entry on the persons credit file was entered as Marlin Financial Services LIMITED on 30th JUne 2015 and has been updated as of Day before yesterday as a credit card with Marlin Financial Services LIMITED...........they cannot conduct regulated consumer credit business.
                              Incorrect entry.
                              Sparkie

Comment

So, lets assume you go to court and argue the incorrect entry, the main point of your argument being ... due to the incorrect entry the agreement should not be enforced against the debtor due to a misreprentation, making the agreement voidable at the discretion of the debtor? Debtor wishes the agreement to be unenforceable and void.

Cabot's defence being ... Mr judge, CF Marlin has had a change of name reflected in CH and it is incorrect insofar as the entry on the credit report hasn't been updated to reflect the new name change. We are exempt to have a licence (under debate) as we instruct an authorised firm to exercise our rights of recovering the debt. The debtor still owes the money to the creditor and there would be no difference in the debtors position if the entry of the company name was changed or not. Yes there has technically been a breach of DPA under principle 4 but this is a minor breach to which the ICO has the power correct the matter or in extreme cases fine company if it so wishes. But Mr judge should not make a ruling that agreement is unenforceable. This would be unjust.

Judge orders:

1. entry to be corrected in credit report.
                                2. Agreement still enforceable
                                3. nominal damages (maybe if your lucky)

that's how I'd see it panning out but of course judges are wierd and wonderful and the outcome may be different on the day.
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X