• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    I cant see how it can be desirable to substitute the Claimant when there is an illegality issue, quite simply substitution can be challenged on this head alone.
    problem is PT that the vast majority of people will have no knowledge of this so cabot will get away with minimal damage . What can be done to make them suffer -yes I am kinky where DCA's and debt purchasers are concerned - beat them beat them

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
      I cant see how it can be desirable to substitute the Claimant when there is an illegality issue, quite simply substitution can be challenged on this head alone.
      Good evening PT are we actually sure there is an illegality here?
      I guess we will not know until the status of an Cabot Financial UK Ltd, claim is challenged.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        The particulars of the claim i.e. the statement of case. Have they changed at all or is it just the claimant details on the top left that changed ?

M1
        Bump.

M1

Comment

We now have another Cabot thread.
          One claim from Cabot Financial UK Ltd West Malling
          2nd Claim from Cabot Financial Uk Ltd Marlin House Worthing
          for the same debt.

nem

Comment

Bump.

M1
            Referring to which claims M1?

nem

Comment

The ones where they amended. I'd like to see the statement of claims before and after. I suspect there are serious issues which the legal team(s) may have overlooked which are, i think, blatantly obvious.

M1

Comment

The cases I deal with elsewhere are not on any public forum M1
                The POC's are essentially the same.
                nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  The cases I deal with elsewhere are not on any public forum M1
                  The POC's are essentially the same.
                  nem
                  I know they're not but i would like to see them if possible. I'm not interested in the cases per se but i just want to check the details pre and post amendment.

E.g.

"Claimant: Cabot Financial UK Ltd
                  Document/Payments Address: Weightmans LLP

Particulars of Claim:
                  1. The Defendant entered into a credit agreement described by the origianl creditor as OPUS CREDIT CARD-CREDIT CARD and having account number 000110500000126xxxx ('the Account').
                  2. The Claimant, a UK limited compnay with comany number 3757424, is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the Account.
                  3. The Defendant is indebted to the Claimant in respect of ths account in the sum of 7175.20
                  4. The Claimant claims the said sum of 7175.20, plus costs

Amount Claimed: 7175.20
                  Court Fee: 410
                  Solicitor's costs: 100
                  Total Amount: 7685.20"

Now if they amended the claim and that statement is false in the original, that's a problem. If it's unchanged in the amended version then that's a problem.

Clearly it cannot be correct pre and post amendment. If it's the same person that signed both claims they have much explaining to do and i'd be asking the court to refer the matter to the AG.

M1

Comment

I know they're not but i would like to see them if possible. I'm not interested in the cases per se but i just want to check the details pre and post amendment.

E.g.

"Claimant: Cabot Financial UK Ltd
                    Document/Payments Address: Weightmans LLP

Particulars of Claim:
                    1. The Defendant entered into a credit agreement described by the origianl creditor as OPUS CREDIT CARD-CREDIT CARD and having account number 000110500000126xxxx ('the Account').
                    2. The Claimant, a UK limited compnay with comany number 3757424, is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the Account.
                    3. The Defendant is indebted to the Claimant in respect of ths account in the sum of 7175.20
                    4. The Claimant claims the said sum of 7175.20, plus costs

Amount Claimed: 7175.20
                    Court Fee: 410
                    Solicitor's costs: 100
                    Total Amount: 7685.20"

Now if they amended the claim and that statement is false in the original, that's a problem. If it's unchanged in the amended version then that's a problem.

Clearly it cannot be correct pre and post amendment. If it's the same person that signed both claims they have much explaining to do and i'd be asking the court to refer the matter to the AG.

M1
                    None involve Weightmans.
                    As said the Particulars of claim are essentially the same.
                    as the change is purely the name of the claimant.
                    There is now another point raised this evening re A debt being bought by the Cabot Group.
                    nem

Comment

None involve Weightmans.
                      As said the Particulars of claim are essentially the same.
                      as the change is purely the name of the claimant.
                      There is now another point raised this evening re A debt being bought by the Cabot Group.
                      nem

It doesn't matter who the solicitor is in your cases where they amended. What matters, is if the assignment statement in the particulars of claim has changed.

M1

Comment

It doesn't matter who the solicitor is in your cases where they amended. What matters, is if the assignment statement in the particulars of claim has changed.

M1
                        What exactly are you looking for MI 1 I will not prejudice the cases that are not on this forum, there's a lot of new data tonight here take a look at that there is a much larger picture.

nem

Comment

I'm looking for what the POCs say about who the owner of the debt is. The bold part of the example i gave for example.

As you can see the claimant is the owner. If the claimant is the owner and the claimant changes ......

M1

Comment

I'm looking for what the POCs say about who the owner of the debt is. The bold part of the example i gave for example.

As you can see the claimant is the owner. If the claimant is the owner and the claimant changes ......

M1
                            No such information on either claim.# No Co. No. nor is that latter statement in eveidence.

Perhaps you are looking for specifics that are not in all the claims?

nem

nem

Comment

No such information on either claim.# No Co. No. nor is that latter statement in eveidence.

Perhaps you are looking for specifics that are not in all the claims?

nem

nem
                              Neither claim mentions assignment yet the claimant is CF UK ?

M1

Comment

Neither claim mentions assignment yet the claimant is CF UK ?

M1
                                Just assigned to claimant on....................

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X