• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial UK Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial UK Ltd

[QUOTE=nemesis45;585889]
    Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

Good morning M1,

My " guess " at moment is that the "new" Cabot group the two main firms Cabot Europe Ltd & Cabot ( Marlin) have adsorb the
    business of Cabot UK Ltd., similar things happened years ago with I think Lowell Financial, Lowell Portfolio, Lowell Portfolio1/2.
    As said the FCA does not appear to be concerned about the Cabot scenario.

nem
    Whilst i would hope they would the main concern is the court and winning the cases. Criminal action would just be a Brucie bonus.

M1

Comment

[QUOTE=mystery1;585903]
      Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

Whilst i would hope they would the main concern is the court and winning the cases. Criminal action would just be a Brucie bonus.

M1
      Stymied by official disinterest M1
      2 more Cabot claims seen this morning with notice of change of claimant claims issued 4-6 weeks ago.
      As others have said I can't see Stannard and or Ross-Roberts allowing such a situation to arise.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;585909]

Stymied by official disinterest M1
        2 more Cabot claims seen this morning with notice of change of claimant claims issued 4-6 weeks ago.
        As others have said I can't see Stannard and or Ross-Roberts allowing such a situation to arise.

nem

Got links ?

M1

Comment

[QUOTE=mystery1;585915]

Got links ?

M1
          Cases I'm dealing with in the military community M1.
          The notices have been faxed to me overnight.

nem

Comment

Have defences been filed ?

M1

Comment

Have defences been filed ?

M1
              One yes One No.
              Both currently unenforceable no agreements.
              Both defendants deployed OS.

nem

Comment

Have the POCs been amended ?

M1

Comment

When did Lowell Portfolio 1 cease to exist , I thought they were still an entity with a CCL

having said that the FCA clearly stated that they were going to be tough and uphold the regulations

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
                    When did Lowell Portfolio 1 cease to exist , I thought they were still an entity with a CCL

having said that the FCA clearly stated that they were going to be tough and uphold the regulations
                    No mention of ceasing to exist!

nem

Comment

Have the POCs been amended ?

M1
                      Yes, CF Europe Ltd.
                      nem

Comment

The particulars of the claim i.e. the statement of case. Have they changed at all or is it just the claimant details on the top left that changed ?

M1

Comment

No mention of ceasing to exist!

nem
                          I clearly misunderstood the post

Comment

I have has contact from the FCA regarding the Cabot affair and have listed the
                            various " problems " experienced " with their conduct including the current nonsense and
                            The 40 days to comply with a CCA request, the refusal of their solicitors to comply with CPR 31.14.
                            and everything else I can think of.
                            Jon the Lowell situation was similar to the Cabot reorganisation of the group with the connection
                            with Interlaken Group and later Freds.
                            The Register at present does not appear to be up to date.

nem

Comment

I have has contact from the FCA regarding the Cabot affair and have listed the
                              various " problems " experienced " with their conduct including the current nonsense and
                              The 40 days to comply with a CCA request, the refusal of their solicitors to comply with CPR 31.14.
                              and everything else I can think of.
                              Jon the Lowell situation was similar to the Cabot reorganisation of the group with the connection
                              with Interlaken Group and later Freds.
                              The Register at present does not appear to be up to date.

nem
                              (1) This rule applies where a party is to be added or substituted except where the case falls within rule 19.5 (special provisions about changing parties after the end of a relevant limitation period(GL)).
                              (2) The court may order a person to be added as a new party if –
                              (a) it is desirable to add the new party so that the court can resolve all the matters in dispute in the proceedings; or
                              (b) there is an issue involving the new party and an existing party which is connected to the matters in dispute in the proceedings, and it is desirable to add the new party so that the court can resolve that issue.
                              (3) The court may order any person to cease to be a party if it is not desirable for that person to be a party to the proceedings.
                              (4) The court may order a new party to be substituted for an existing one if –
                              (a) the existing party’s interest or liability has passed to the new party; and
                              (b) it is desirable to substitute the new party so that the court can resolve the matters in dispute in the proceedings.
                              I cant see how it can be desirable to substitute the Claimant when there is an illegality issue, quite simply substitution can be challenged on this head alone.
                              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks Nem
                                If memory serves me that was only 2 or 3 years ago, complete crossed wires . Glad its sorted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X