• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Akinika debt recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akinika debt recovery

Hi
    In July i was stupidly scammed for 2.5k. I agreed to feel 5 phones for a guy on ebay for £495 each. The buyers were never sent the phones by my contact and I had transferred the money to him after it went into my paypal! ( i know how ridiculous and stupid this sounds and am gobsmacked at myself!) There is an ongoing case with my bank fraud and action fraud online into the guy.
    I contacted paypal immediately as i knew i was scammed and was told to contact all the buyers and ask them to raise a dispute etc. I did this.
    Paypal refunded 3 of the buyers and ebay refunded 2?. Paypal started contacting me and I paid what i could back at the time ( £360)
    ebay have been messaging me asking for a balance of £1700 (lots of fees included) I went on live chat last week and explained the situation but i don't have the ends to repay.
    I have today had 20 calls and numerous emails from AKINIKA akin me to contact them… what do i do? I have £1000 put aside now but have no way of paying the rest? what is my best cours eof action and shouldn't ebay be waving the fees as no transactions actually took place?
    PLEEEEASE help…I am worrying myself sick over this!

thanks j x
    Tags: None

Re: Akinika debt recovery

Originally posted by jayneywaney1972 View Post
    Hi
    In July i was stupidly scammed for 2.5k. I agreed to feel 5 phones for a guy on ebay for £495 each. The buyers were never sent the phones by my contact and I had transferred the money to him after it went into my paypal! ( i know how ridiculous and stupid this sounds and am gobsmacked at myself!) There is an ongoing case with my bank fraud and action fraud online into the guy.
    I contacted paypal immediately as i knew i was scammed and was told to contact all the buyers and ask them to raise a dispute etc. I did this.
    Paypal refunded 3 of the buyers and ebay refunded 2?. Paypal started contacting me and I paid what i could back at the time ( £360)
    ebay have been messaging me asking for a balance of £1700 (lots of fees included) I went on live chat last week and explained the situation but i don't have the ends to repay.
    I have today had 20 calls and numerous emails from AKINIKA akin me to contact them… what do i do? I have £1000 put aside now but have no way of paying the rest? what is my best cours eof action and shouldn't ebay be waving the fees as no transactions actually took place?
    PLEEEEASE help…I am worrying myself sick over this!

thanks j x
    Hi welcome to LB.

Akinika are a pain in the arse to say the least.

E-mail back, that you don't deal with financial matters by telephone and that the level of call amounts to harassment and no further call will be accepted ( block the numbers if you can). Inform them that the alleged debt is disputed as it arose from fraud and it made up of fee/penalties. suggest they return the matter to their client as you will under no circumstances deal with them.
    Then raise formal complaints with both Ebay and paypal get hold of the big bosses name and write directly to them letters headed Formal Complaint oblige the recipient to full investigate the compliant and respond within 56 days. Use signed for RM Post.

nem

Comment

There is an ongoing case with my bank fraud and action fraud online into the guy.
      I wouldn't hold your breath that you will get anything back from this.

From what you have said, you owe this money to ebay. A transaction took place on their system - it failed because you failed to deliver what you had listed. You have no reason to ask for the ebay fees to be waived.

I suggest you consider what monthly payments you could make to settle this outstanding debt. I would be surprised if they didn't accept an offer to pay £1000 now and £100 a month for the next 7 months.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hi welcome to LB.

Akinika are a pain in the arse to say the least.
        They were chasing me for an alleged tax credits overpayment, sent endless txts which I ignored and I only replied to one of their letters saying the account was in dispute with HMRC, ignored the rest of their letters and they just returned the account to HMRC a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          They were chasing me for an alleged tax credits overpayment, sent endless txts which I ignored and I only replied to one of their letters saying the account was in dispute with HMRC, ignored the rest of their letters and they just returned the account to HMRC a year ago.
          Once they were awarded private sector partner status by the DWP and HMRC Akinika's attitude got steadily worse and is still deteriorating I took some of their actions up with Lord David Freud minister for Welfare Reform about 3 years ago and was given an explanation as to how these " partners " a regulated but I found that it was ok to make unfounded threat as part of a " more robust " attitude to recovery of public funds which seems to have crept into consumer credit debt collection.

nem

Comment

it was ok to make unfounded threat

It isn't OK to do this. Akinika are FCA regulated and as such have to apply normal Treating Customers Fairly rules. Otherwise you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman and also put in a complaint to the FCA.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post

It isn't OK to do this. Akinika are FCA regulated and as such have to apply normal Treating Customers Fairly rules. Otherwise you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman and also put in a complaint to the FCA.
              I'll try and find David Freud's letter during the day the full explanation of how the partnership works is laid out in it.

nem

Comment

I'll try and find David Freud's letter during the day the full explanation of how the partnership works is laid out in it.
                Don't bother! Some government departments are only just realising that if they employ FCA regulated debt collectors, the FCA rules apply whatever their contract with the DCA says....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X