• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot agreement terminated ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot agreement terminated ?

Hi, Ive just had a letter today from cabot financial telling me my agreement has been terminated & i need to pay the outstanding balance in full, it mentions i have not made the minimum payments to my agreement despite previous reminders which is a basic lie as I have payed the agreed payment of £5 every month since they took over from yorkshire bank & have proof in my bank statements, basically Im unsure what to do next do i contact them by letter or just let it play out to see what they do next & do i still carry on with the monthly payments ? any help would be gladly appreciated. Ive also added the letter i received today.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot agreement terminated ?

Originally posted by sonearbutsofar View Post
    Hi, Ive just had a letter today from cabot financial telling me my agreement has been terminated & i need to pay the outstanding balance in full, it mentions i have not made the minimum payments to my agreement despite previous reminders which is a basic lie as I have payed the agreed payment of £5 every month since they took over from yorkshire bank & have proof in my bank statements, basically Im unsure what to do next do i contact them by letter or just let it play out to see what they do next & do i still carry on with the monthly payments ? any help would be gladly appreciated. Ive also added the letter i received today.

Thanks
    Ok you have an arrangement to pay agreed with Cabot and evidence to prove that this has been maintained/
    Have Cabot at any point written pushing for an increased payment.

Just keep up the payments ( are you getting a statement of the account at least once year)?

Ms Green needs to check her records, do not phone I suspect if you do you will be harassed to
    make unaffordable payments.

A default notice not complied with is a load of bowlocks Cabot can't issue DN's on debts they have purchased.
    Did you sign an agreement ? Or just make an arrangement to pay.

nem

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick reply,
      cabot have never contacted me to push an increased payment Ive also had no correspondences off them either regarding any statements of what i have so far paid

I pay them through their website & the only acknowledgement i have that they get the money is by the website itself & with my own bank statements which clearly points that they get the payments every month they can also only contact me through my email or by letter as i have a blocker on my phone lol

This letter is the first ive heard from them they say they sent me a default notice but ive heard nothing off them until today with this letter of termination & to pay in full which i know i cant do because of my circumstances

as far as im aware i just agreed to pay £5 a month which i have kept to since they took over.

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick reply,
        cabot have never contacted me to push an increased payment Ive also had no correspondences off them either regarding any statements of what i have so far paid

I pay them through their website & the only acknowledgement i have that they get the money is by the website itself & with my own bank statements which clearly points that they get the payments every month they can also only contact me through my email or by letter as i have a blocker on my phone lol

This letter is the first ive heard from them they say they sent me a default notice but ive heard nothing off them until today with this letter of termination & to pay in full which i know i cant do because of my circumstances

as far as im aware i just agreed to pay £5 a month which i have kept to since they took over.
        Ok that's what I expected you to say!
        Shut Ms Green up with this.

Dear Ms Green,

I refer to your letter dated......................... in regard to my informal agreement to pay £5.00 per month towards a debt of £xxx.xx your reference No.............................: I have attached a copy of your template in case you are not aware of it.

I am sure you are well aware that Cabot cannot issue a default notice regarding a debt that was already defaulted prior to Cabot purchase of the debt, nor can Cabot register a " new" default date with credit reference agencies.
        I consider this matter is serious enough to make an immediate report to the FCA and the Information Commissioners Office regarding the potential manipulation of credit file data.
        Your response is expected by return.

Signed for post or receipted e-mail best.

nem

Comment

LOL thanks for the reply i will send this off first thing tomorrow but in the meantime while i wait for a reply should i still carry on paying the £5 a month which im happy to do also you mention in the letter to send them I have attached a copy of your template in case you are not aware of it to add to the letter which template are you meaning sorry to sound thick lol just not used to all this but thanks again for your instant reply's you have made my day

Comment

LOL thanks for the reply i will send this off first thing tomorrow but in the meantime while i wait for a reply should i still carry on paying the £5 a month which im happy to do also you mention in the letter to send them I have attached a copy of your template in case you are not aware of it to add to the letter which template are you meaning sorry to sound thick lol just not used to all this but thanks again for your instant reply's you have made my day
            Happy to help!!

Yes keep up the payments then you are always one up on them with that!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X