• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC/Restons CCJ - odd letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFC/Restons CCJ - odd letter received

I received this letter - I had a CCJ recorded against me last year sometime and installment payments of £66.36 per month ordered. these have been paid every month since via CCCS.

they are now asking for a new financial statement and to re negotiate the monthly installment........now if everything was the same now as it was then I'd just say No don't be stupid its under a CCJ. They also have a charging order against the house.

They are also offering a reduced settlement figure.

I'm just starting to go through and seperate the finances between my husband and myself since we have seperated. This debt is in his name entirely, and if he does an individual budget now I think he would come up as having less to pay than when we were there. Which I know doesn't sound right but he has all the same bills as when I was there, and has lost WFTC,CTC and Child Benefit as income. Plus he will be paying CSA shortly.

So for now I think i say no, no change as under a CCJ, and keep it going until the house is sold, at which time all the debts will be paid off (this one first as its a charging order).

Okay so not really asking for advice for me on this one, think I have it sorted

but

question is -

once an amount is set by court for installments, can the company ask for you to increase it ?? and why offer a reduced settlement if they have a charging order ? and would it be worth my while negotiating reduced settlement before I sell the house so I pay them less ? cause they don't know I'll be selling it soon. (unless they read this of course rofl)
    Last edited by Amethyst; 16th March 2008, 17:10:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: HFC/Restons CCJ - odd letter received

They can ask you to increase it, but the only person who can make you increase it is a County Court Judge

Comment

Good.

I think I will ask for a detailed statement of the account too so I can see the effect of interest on the account since the CCJ was ordered.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ame,

Have you had anything from Restons before? It does sound like they have bought the debt at a knock down price and are offering you a reduced settlement to clear it on their books.

What was the original finance for? i.e I am assuming the CCA is kosher?

Also ask them what their `reduced`settlement would be.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Restons were the solicitors that I went to court with - the CCJ is with them, and the charging order is theirs.

The CCA is kosher......this is the one I got the judge to knock off the £1700 ''collection charge''
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahhhhhh yes remember it now.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Clunk

My theory is that they are just idiots who are sending out their 18 month paperworks without actually referring to the case.

Still don't know if I need reply or not tho
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I read somewhere that DCA's are trying to get as much money in as they can before the end of the Financial Year. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Comment

I'm just re-iterating what enaid said, they would need to get a variation order through the court if they want you to pay more. (if my memory serves me correct)
                  Restons, horrible lot, once tried to get me to borrow more money to pay them off, cheeky beggars!!
                  You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

They are horrible to deal with.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X