• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way - Home Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robinson Way - Home Visit

Just found out a lot of info from 2008 which was a request I made to santander and paid a £10 fee. They only sent me statements though. If I ask them for other info regarding the account hopefully they'd not make me pay again. A letter I have from a RW states account default was 27th July 2010 and I don't think any payment or acknowledgement had been made since....

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
      Just found out a lot of info from 2008 which was a request I made to santander and paid a £10 fee. They only sent me statements though. If I ask them for other info regarding the account hopefully they'd not make me pay again. A letter I have from a RW states account default was 27th July 2010 and I don't think any payment or acknowledgement had been made since....
      Satans bank has been caught out before for not complying with SAR fully.

No payments since 2008 or 2010?

Write to the Data Controller at Santander, refer to the earlier SAR being incomplete and request that the bank now supplies All personal data
      it holds on you, if they fail to supply you will complain to the ICO.

nem

Comment

Will do that now Nem thanks.

Bugger... just checked it was actually 2nd Aug 2010 for last payment. My concern is getting a claim through any day due to it being so close to the default dropping off my file. I have kept in some kind of contact with RW saying awaiting info from Santander in the hope they don't just start proceedings. I am just getting so anxious now grrrr

Comment

Will do that now Nem thanks.

Bugger... just checked it was actually 2nd Aug 2010 for last payment. My concern is getting a claim through any day due to it being so close to the default dropping off my file. I have kept in some kind of contact with RW saying awaiting info from Santander in the hope they don't just start proceedings. I am just getting so anxious now grrrr

Keeping RW informed is fine, but be very careful that any reference to this in writing is referred to as The Alleged Debt.
          RW will jump on anything that could be construed as a written admission of liability.

nem

Comment

What I mean is I just reply to their letters staying I am STILL awaiting information from Santander with regard to assessing my position. Nothing more nothing less. I just thought of I ignore them a claim will come through. My guess is now one will prob come through anyway. I suppose the only way for this to not happen is to make an arrangement with them do you think?

Comment

What I mean is I just reply to their letters staying I am STILL awaiting information from Santander with regard to assessing my position. Nothing more nothing less. I just thought of I ignore them a claim will come through. My guess is now one will prob come through anyway. I suppose the only way for this to not happen is to make an arrangement with them do you think?
              Example:

"I refer to recent correspondence in regard to the alleged debt".
              Exhaust all possibilities before considering making any o

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Example:

nem
                At the min im just not sure what other possibilities are

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Example:

nem
                  Nem do you think If i send a letter soon saying I'm awaiting SAR reply from Santander and that they have 40 days to reply it will stop anything happening in this time. By then I am almost past the 6yr point

Comment

OMG just realised my statement on page 2 of this thread had me fooled. It shows payments of 143 being paid between 2 certain dates. The latter being 2012...not sure how the payments were paid but this means SB isn't anytime soon. It just means the debt will drop off my credit file soon as the default shows as 27th July 2010.

Comment

• Re: Robinson Way - Home Visit

OMG just realised my statement on page 2 of this thread had me fooled. It shows payments of 143 being paid between 2 certain dates. The latter being 2012...not sure how the payments were paid but this means SB isn't anytime soon. It just means the debt will drop off my credit file soon as the default shows as 27th July 2010.
                      Nem or FP can you offer any advise at all on this. Even if I end up having to make an offer I just want to know how to go about eeeking out the next 37 days so this falls off my credit file...it shows default date on there as 27th July 10
                      Thanks

Comment

The total debt is £660 odd ?
                        You have another 2 years to go until it is statute barred due to making some payments in 2012.
                        It's an overdraft with Santander.

If this is stressing you out and you feel it is unlikely you'll just stall them for another 2 years ( tend to agree there) then yes you can make an offer in full and final settlement. It will still fall off your file 6 years after default marker was placed so that's not a consideration, just whether you want it hanging over your head until RW decide court action is the next step.

Can you afford a one off payment to settle the debt ? ( say max £330 ) or monthly installments at all ? They likely paid 10% so 25% should be a decent starting point (as they need to cover costs and make profit etc) to negotiate up to 50% if needed.

Also when you got your statements from Santander - was there much in the way of charges ? ( I only quickly scouted back through the thread so probably missed what the debt is made up of ).

Any settlement would have to be full and final, no liability etc. as Nemesis said previously.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nem or FP can you offer any advise at all on this. Even if I end up having to make an offer I just want to know how to go about eeeking out the next 37 days so this falls off my credit file...it shows default date on there as 27th July 10
                          Thanks
                          Ok Kel,

Do you recall how you were making payments bank counter credit, direct debit, card over phone etc., did you agree any form of payment plan with any company?

nem

Comment

I can't afford anything in the hundreds. Not in one go anyway. So If I am reading this correctly it will drop off my credit file anyway whether they issue a claim is another matter. Im wrong in thinking they will want to issue a claim before it drops off...I don't know why I have been thinking this!
                            I would have paid by bank transfer most likely from my new account (which I don't have anymore btw)

Comment

I can't afford anything in the hundreds. Not in one go anyway. So If I am reading this correctly it will drop off my credit file anyway whether they issue a claim is another matter. Im wrong in thinking they will want to issue a claim before it drops off...I don't know why I have been thinking this!
                              I would have paid by bank transfer most likely from my new account (which I don't have anymore btw)

Comment

i can't afford anything in the hundreds. Not in one go anyway. So if i am reading this correctly it will drop off my credit file anyway whether they issue a claim is another matter. Im wrong in thinking they will want to issue a claim before it drops off...i don't know why i have been thinking this!
                                I would have paid by bank transfer most likely from my new account (which i don't have anymore btw)
                                not sure if ever went through a company either

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                The total debt is £660 odd ?
                                You have another 2 years to go until it is statute barred due to making some payments in 2012.
                                It's an overdraft with Santander.

If this is stressing you out and you feel it is unlikely you'll just stall them for another 2 years ( tend to agree there) then yes you can make an offer in full and final settlement. It will still fall off your file 6 years after default marker was placed so that's not a consideration, just whether you want it hanging over your head until RW decide court action is the next step.

Can you afford a one off payment to settle the debt ? ( say max £330 ) or monthly installments at all ? They likely paid 10% so 25% should be a decent starting point (as they need to cover costs and make profit etc) to negotiate up to 50% if needed.

Also when you got your statements from Santander - was there much in the way of charges ? ( I only quickly scouted back through the thread so probably missed what the debt is made up of ).

Any settlement would have to be full and final, no liability etc. as Nemesis said previously.
                                Yes FP Lots of chargers. Not really shown on my upload on here but on previous statements from them when I was using the account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X