• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Please Help

Update: After some considerable time waiting for a settlement agreement, it has finally happened and now both creditors, who did not produce an original CCA have been settled. TBH, neither pretended that they had a copy of the CCA. PRA Group were excellent, no fuss and accepted my offer straight away. Cabot, a different story, they refused to settle, so I told them that I would not pay a penny until they produced a copy of the CCA. Three months later, just before Christmas, Cabot phoned me to accept my settlement offer.

You maybe asking why I went down the settlement agreement route, basically both PRA Group and Cabot were placing default notices on my credit file, which were stacking up. I need to get a mortgage in the near future so have settled up to improve my credit score. I have now written to both companies to remove the defaults from my file or produce the original CCA.

If anyone can give any further advice about removing defaults, I would be extremely grateful.

Regards,

M

Comment

You will be very lucky (small or even large miracle) to get any movement on removing defaults or status history updates or D or 8 up until the settlement date.

You would need something much more beyond the simple lack of a CCA.

Comment

Originally posted by mk13 View Post
        Update: After some considerable time waiting for a settlement agreement, it has finally happened and now both creditors, who did not produce an original CCA have been settled. TBH, neither pretended that they had a copy of the CCA. PRA Group were excellent, no fuss and accepted my offer straight away. Cabot, a different story, they refused to settle, so I told them that I would not pay a penny until they produced a copy of the CCA. Three months later, just before Christmas, Cabot phoned me to accept my settlement offer.

You maybe asking why I went down the settlement agreement route, basically both PRA Group and Cabot were placing default notices on my credit file, which were stacking up. I need to get a mortgage in the near future so have settled up to improve my credit score. I have now written to both companies to remove the defaults from my file or produce the original CCA.

If anyone can give any further advice about removing defaults, I would be extremely grateful.

Regards,

M
        Hello M,

Paying the debts does not mean the credit file entries will be removed, all will remain on file for the
        balance of the 6 year period from the default date.

The Information Commissioners Office regulates how data is reported to credit reference agencies.

It states that the entries Must be Accurate and Up To Date, and be an accurate reflection of the conduct
        of an account, meaning the entries must be marked either " partially satisfied" or satisfied" and remain
        until the six years have elapsed.

The current owner of the debt can continue to report to the CRA's without having the agreement.
        nem
        Last edited by nemesis45; 8th January 2016, 19:04:PM.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies, nothing ventured nothing gained....though I am aggrieved that the DCA's can place defaults on an account even without a CCA, especially when I asked them to put the accounts into dispute until resolved, furthermore without notifying me of their intention to default my accounts. Cabot where playing devils advocate, would never accept a settlement agreement until I was serious and stop paying.

Again Thank you for your honest replies.

Comment

Originally posted by mk13 View Post
            Many thanks for the replies, nothing ventured nothing gained....though I am aggrieved that the DCA's can place defaults on an account even without a CCA, especially when I asked them to put the accounts into dispute until resolved, furthermore without notifying me of their intention to default my accounts. Cabot where playing devils advocate, would never accept a settlement agreement until I was serious and stop paying.

Again Thank you for your honest replies.
            I know it's not what you wanted to know, but perhaps it would/will avoid problems in the future.
            To explain a little further, DCA's and Debt Purchasers do not default accounts, this is done by the
            original creditor, the debt purchaser can only amend credit files with it's details they cannot amend,
            remove defaults/dates.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X