• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Demands re Lloyds TSB credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Demands re Lloyds TSB credit card

Hello everyone,

I've recently joined and have been looking round the site trying to glean information which might help with my situation. Letters I have received are similar to those mentioned in a post by Jules1707 but am not sure where to post, whether new thread should be started etc. Please forgive my lack of familiarity with forums such as this, not v technological, I'm afraid.

As brief background, I was forced to default on several credit cards and a bank overdraft due to worsening health. This has continued to decline and am not able to pay. At various times I have had threatening letters from different agents/assignees but no legal action perhaps because they could see from my circumstances that I could not pay. No payments have been made since my initial offers of £10 a month were refused. Most of these should become statute barred at the end of this year.

My immediate concern is how to deal with letters from Capquest which they started to send me in March. They began by saying they had purchased a credit card debt from Lloyds last year and seeking to arrange for me to pay. They followed this up with other letters and 3/5 phone calls a day. I have made no response to these. The amount claimed as owed was £7,000+. I did have a credit card with Lloyds TSB but the amount defaulted on was £6,000+. I should add also that this card was originally taken out a long time ago, I think in the 1980s.

Their latest letter was received a few days ago and is headed 'Letter of claim under the Practice Directions-Pre Action Conduct' but I am unsure whether it is an actual lba. They say the account is being 'considered for legal action' and pre-action checks 'may result in a/c being sent to our solicitors for claim .. in County Court'. They are also 'allowing 14 days to contact us'.

I am unsure whether to wait for solicitor's letter or pre-empt with CCA request. I understand that I could also ask for evidence of assignment. I would very much appreciate any advice as to the best course of action. If possible I would like to make it unenforceable until it becomes statute barred.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest Demands re Lloyds TSB credit card

Yes do a cca request.

Also http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...075#post391075

M1

Comment

Re: Capquest Demands re Lloyds TSB credit card

Originally posted by Magnolia View Post
      My immediate concern is how to deal with letters from Capquest which they started to send me in March. They began by saying they had purchased a credit card debt from Lloyds last year and seeking to arrange for me to pay. They followed this up with other letters and 3/5 phone calls a day. I have made no response to these. The amount claimed as owed was £7,000+. I did have a credit card with Lloyds TSB but the amount defaulted on was £6,000+. I should add also that this card was originally taken out a long time ago, I think in the 1980s..
      Hopefully not before May 1985.

Their latest letter was received a few days ago and is headed 'Letter of claim under the Practice Directions-Pre Action Conduct' but I am unsure whether it is an actual lba. They say the account is being 'considered for legal action' and pre-action checks 'may result in a/c being sent to our solicitors for claim .. in County Court'. They are also 'allowing 14 days to contact us'.
      Could you scan and post up the letter after removing your personal details? :typing:

I am unsure whether to wait for solicitor's letter or pre-empt with CCA request. I understand that I could also ask for evidence of assignment. I would very much appreciate any advice as to the best course of action. If possible I would like to make it unenforceable until it becomes statute barred.
      You can't 'make' it unenforceable, that would depend on whether they can show there was a properly executed agreement to start with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X