• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell chasing a default from May 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell chasing a default from May 2009

Originally posted by robkeleuk View Post
    Been really helpful here. I have scanned couple of letters that I found yesterday evening before dashing to work. There are few more of a similar text and let me know if should upload them as well. Also there were some letters before CCA request where they offered up to 50% discount on the default sum.

I have mentioned this previously but will repeat myself again - after sending my CCA request in May I have received a response in June which said that HSBC can not locate my original credit agreement and therefore Lowell will not contact me again unless documents are found. Their further communication started in August where they explained that credit agreement was found and they sent me the copies of it (which I do believe are not full).
    What you posted are just generic Lowell template letters. As debt purchasers, they wouldn't have access to the documents without going back to the bank. It sounds like HSBC were later able to find some documents, however, what you have posted does not include the purported agreement they sent you. Is there any chance of posting that one up? :typing:

Comment

And the last letter which was received just over a week-two weeks ago.
      It doesn't sound like they are 'escalating' anything, it's a rather mild and gentle letter. Whether they have answered your 'query' or not would depend on what they've supplied you as the alleged agreement. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        What you posted are just generic Lowell template letters. As debt purchasers, they wouldn't have access to the documents without going back to the bank. It sounds like HSBC were later able to find some documents, however, what you have posted does not include the purported agreement they sent you. Is there any chance of posting that one up? :typing:
        I will have to re-scan the credit agreement information supplied tonight as yesterdays scan was pixelated with grey/white squares making impossible to read them....

On a second note I woke up today to find another letter from them now offering to close account for a discount of 75%. There is a timescale given of 15 days and should it be paid by immediately or by instalments on an affordable repayment plan then they would close the account.

Comment

I will have to re-scan the credit agreement information supplied tonight as yesterdays scan was pixelated with grey/white squares making impossible to read them....

On a second note I woke up today to find another letter from them now offering to close account for a discount of 75%. There is a timescale given of 15 days and should it be paid by immediately or by instalments on an affordable repayment plan then they would close the account.
          Good grief! 75% :scared: :scared: :scared:

Sounds like they are fully aware they haven't got a leg to stand on! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

I've unapproved your PDF's robkeleuk as your method of redaction left your details vulnerable.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm sorry I seem to have missed that fact or I'd have alerted you, Ame.

I've seen the letters posted before they were un-approved and commented above, would be interesting to see the alleged agreement (a well redacted version of it of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                I've unapproved your PDF's robkeleuk as your method of redaction left your details vulnerable.
                Thank you,

Dave has kindly advised me of this yesterday. Turns out some files were ok but some were vulnerable....

Comment

I'm sorry I seem to have missed that fact or I'd have alerted you, Ame.

I've seen the letters posted before they were un-approved and commented above, would be interesting to see the alleged agreement (a well redacted version of it of course!)
                  Looking at the chaos I caused with my posts I was wondering what additional bits should I remove from the agreement. There are 4 pages of scanned version - two pages of statement, one page of credit agreement and one page of terms and conditions. If I would send you a private message with current edit files would you be able to look into them and advise me if anything else should be deleted?

Comment

One question please.
                    Does you name and address as it was when the account was opened appear on these documents?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      One question please.
                      Does you name and address as it was when the account was opened appear on these documents?

nem
                      Hi Nem,

The name and address on the HFC bank copy of the fixed-sum loan agreement appears same as it was during the account opening.

The copy of account statement is on a different address than the one that was during the account opening.

Comment

Have you moved in during the life of the agreement?

nem

Comment

Looking at the chaos I caused with my posts I was wondering what additional bits should I remove from the agreement. There are 4 pages of scanned version - two pages of statement, one page of credit agreement and one page of terms and conditions. If I would send you a private message with current edit files would you be able to look into them and advise me if anything else should be deleted?
                          Have received your PM and looked at your files and it looks like you have removed everything that can identify you. :thumb: I missed the bits Ame spotted on the ones you posted yesterday but we could hardly call that a chaos.

One thing I notice on the application form is that it's from December 2007, is that correct?

Comment

Have received your PM and looked at your files and it looks like you have removed everything that can identify you. :thumb: I missed the bits Ame spotted on the ones you posted yesterday but we could hardly call that a chaos.

One thing I notice on the application form is that it's from December 2007, is that correct?
                            Thank you, I can confirm that agreement has indeed start December 2007.

Nem - I have moved quite a bit since the start of the agreement in December 2007. There were four address changes since 2007 - joys of renting.....

Following Flame confirmation please find the link to jpg files of credit agreement sent to me - http://s296.photobucket.com/user/rose_smith8/library/ .

There was a single copy of HFC bank copy even though it says page 1 of 3 at the bottom. Same issue with Terms and Conditions page - only single page given even tho it says Customer copy page 3 of 4 at the bottom....

I have also looked at my credit scoring agencies yesterday (both Experian and Equifax) and this default has disappeared from their records....

Comment

A little bump

Comment

That appears to be woefully incomplete and the missing pages are damning if they claim to have complied with a CCA request.

Not showing on CRA files means 6 years have elapsed since the account was defaulted.
                                If there has been no payment made (to any party) and no unequivocal written acknowledgment in the relevant 6 year period the debt is statute barred.

In my opinion there is nothing to be lost here in sending an SB letter to Lowell.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X