• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim received from CL Finance/Howard Cohen sols **SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim received from CL Finance/Howard Cohen sols

Yep, will do. I will be staying on top of this thats for sure.
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Comment

This is purely my opinion - pick it to bits if you like

Having submitted a "Partial Admission" acknowledgement, you can now say (in your Defence) that you acknowledge the debt, but that you don't acknowledge their Court costs as the Action was (in your opinion) brought in a vexatious manner, and you don't acknowledge any additional fees. Explain in your Defence that offers to pay at a rate you can afford have been ignored and that fees have been added without your knowledge.

Tom
      I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
      Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Hya Tom, thanks for that, I do plan on doing something along those lines and my letter to the solicitors and copy to the court have reflected that. I would hope that a judge would agree with me when the time comes.

Comment

I have received this morning copies of statements and a "copy" of CCA.....although it is reconstructed application form as far as I can see, it's not my writing that's filled it in but my signature is there. There's no credit limit or APR set out on this. If there was it must have been on a seperate page which they haven't supplied.

NO copy of default notice ( I am not surprised cos I didn't ever receive one!)
          NO copy of T&C's.

I will check the statements over later tonight when my kids are in bed, then I will know the exact balance. I am unsure how to proceed without these docs...I do wish I had defended the whole claim now but then again, I wasn't looking to avoid this debt. After reading more about HC&co it seems this is completely normal for them. Beware anyone who gets passed onto them, straight to court they go!!!:mad2:

Comment

After a quick look...there's quite a few statements missing...July 06 to March 07 and July 07 to Nov 07....funny, those last 5 were when I started getting charged late fee's.......

Comment

Hey BTW - if you have a look at SaraFayes thread she has a claim against her by CLF/HC too. Just might be on interest, C L Finance/GE Money - Legal Beagles
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, I will look in on Sara's thread.

I have spent some time looking up info regarding default notices. There's a bit in the CCA 1974 (s87) regarding when they should be sent out and what wording they should be in, but nothing regarding keeping records.
                I did find this info in the Data Protection Technical Guidance from the ICO which states

Accuracy of a lender’s default records
                39 Records
                Any default record should be accurate. We normally expect a lender to
                keep records that are necessary to show an agreement exists and to
                support filing a default. We would also expect a lender to be able to
                produce evidence to justify a default record they had placed on a credit
                reference file. Not having any supporting records may indicate a breach
                of the data protection principle requiring personal data to be adequate,
                relevant and not excessive for the purpose for which it is processed. A
                record that a notice of an intention to file a default was sent, if not a copy
                of the notice itself, will help lenders to comply with this requirement.
                Do you guys think I should refer to this in my defence? I wonder if it's worth writing back to HC asking them again to supply the docs I've requested, or will it help my defence that they've not supplied me with what I've asked for...my head's in a muddle today, I shouldn't try to do this when the kids are about, too much distraction! lol, will get back here later when my mind is clearer

Comment

You couldnt scan in your CCA docs they sent you per chance ?

Right you don't want to avoid paying the debt - you do want to make an arrangement with them to pay a fair amount. And you want to avoid getting a CCJ. Yes ?

Stopping paying after negotiating lower payments won't have helped.

From their point of view they want the CCJ to guarantee they will get the money returned to them.

You need all the letters you sent to them re lower payments and all replys.

You will be saying the claim shouldnt have been brought in the first place as (as you wrote in your first letter) they didnt abide by CPRs and try and sort this out outside of court.

You also need proof of your payments you have made to them - so bank statements showing the outgoing etc.

A full financial statement as well to show the court what you can afford to pay.

You are defending the charges (you can use a estimate in the absence of the statements - did you request those under the DPA I don;'t recall the CCA request covers full statement of account too anyways) then admitting the main sum owed, but asking for the claim to be struck out cause of breach of CPR's, to avoid a CCJ and court costs/CI.

I'd write and spell all that out to sols too enclosing your three months of payments to show you are committed - and get a start on your defence/admission and financial statement
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    You couldnt scan in your CCA docs they sent you per chance ? Yes, will post it up.

Right you don't want to avoid paying the debt - you do want to make an arrangement with them to pay a fair amount. And you want to avoid getting a CCJ. Yes ? Yes.

Stopping paying after negotiating lower payments won't have helped.

From their point of view they want the CCJ to guarantee they will get the money returned to them.

You need all the letters you sent to them re lower payments and all replys. I have misplaced copy of my letter but do have their reply. Will have a thorough search again.

You will be saying the claim shouldnt have been brought in the first place as (as you wrote in your first letter) they didnt abide by CPRs and try and sort this out outside of court.

You also need proof of your payments you have made to them - so bank statements showing the outgoing etc.

A full financial statement as well to show the court what you can afford to pay. Is this the same as an I/E ?

You are defending the charges (you can use a estimate in the absence of the statements - did you request those under the DPA I don;'t recall the CCA request covers full statement of account too anyways) then admitting the main sum owed, but asking for the claim to be struck out cause of breach of CPR's, to avoid a CCJ and court costs/CI. They did supply most statements...I do have nearly all the originals.

I'd write and spell all that out to sols too enclosing your three months of payments to show you are committed - and get a start on your defence/admission and financial statement
                    Thanks very much Amethyst, will get on with that lot asap.

Comment

There is a credit limit written by hand at the top, spotted it when I was editing details out...
                      Last edited by ByTheWay; 9th February 2008, 20:49:PM. Reason: to add last line

Comment

ok... are all the fields actually blank or have you whitened out ALL your personal details????

Comment

yes, I've blanked out all my details.

as in name, address, DOB, tel no and signature. And i blanked out the barcode and numbers (16 digits) that had been handwritten across the top.

Comment

providing all your personal details are correct together with your signature and what not..... I cant really see anything wrong with it.

Credit card agreement cannot have the APR or payment details on them as they are all variable. The agreement will in fact contain examples of interest to pay and minimum payments as a percentage.

as the text is a little difficult for me to read .... i can't make out the small print. did you agree to PPI on the card??

Comment

No, and there was none added.
                              I was expecting the CCA to be in order, thanks for clarifying the points about interest.
                              Hopefully by putting it up here it will help others when they are in doubt of their own

Comment

It has a part about 70p per £100 somewhere.

Anyway yes it looks pucker to me too. Will print it off later and have a closer look tho.

But dont think we need worry about that bit

Thanks for scanning it in.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X