• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court bryan carter solicitor /lowell portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: please help got claim form from county court today

Costs are always a possibility in legal proceedings.

Setting aside court orders used to be the norm. The rules have changed and it's actually pretty difficult now. I don't think it's wise to explain in detail as you seem like what you are doing is hard enough for you so more legal jargon and cases won't help.

If you're application is granted, and there is no reason it shouldn't, then your cost position will be that they owe you and it won't change for that part of things.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Just a question please N244 application. Am i ok to sign it now or just put my name as signature .

as well the question where it asks me who should be served with the application, the answer will be claimant or claimants solicitor.

please advise.

thanks

Comment

Sign it is fine.

Claimant.

M1

Comment

Hi,

Today I received a letter from Capital one, the acknowlegement of my SAR request and saying they cannot provide my requested documents as I have not signed
          my SAR request.

My question is that if its ok at this stage to resend the SAR request with my signature.

Please advise.

thanks

Comment

Ask them why they sent statements and legal papers to you at the same name and address as you are requesting your SAR sent to if they are not sure it's you.

You could also use a tamper proof signature strip.

M1

Comment

HI,

Will that be fine to send my passport photocopy for SAR, subject access request. The first page of my passport doesnot say have my signatures but has got my full name, dob and serial numbers.

please advise.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jefstudent View Post
                HI,

Will that be fine to send my passport photocopy for SAR, subject access request. The first page of my passport doesnot say have my signatures but has got my full name, dob and serial numbers.

please advise.

thanks

You shouldn't need to send anything but i guess it should do.

M1

Comment

HI M1,

Thanks for quick response. on the letter they sent back gave me 3 option to pass their (so called) DPA . 1) provide signature 2) send them copy of my passport or driving license 3) ring their customer services and go through DPA which i did rang them but cannot able verify me as I have answered some incorrectly.

I was thinking to send them a copy of passport which hasn't got signatures or shall i send them my signatures.

what you suggest M1.

thanks

Comment

Passport is easiest.

They have no statutory right for it and you could argue but that won't get your stuff as quickly.

M1

Comment

That's what I think as long as there are no implications and concerns that they might can do.

Comment

Originally posted by jefstudent View Post
                        That's what I think as long as there are no implications and concerns that they might can do.
                        There shouldn't be any. The only reason for not signing the letters is because there have been cases where signatures have been lifted to fabricate an 'agreement'. This doesn't happen often, but it's a matter of being on the safe side.

An easy option can also be to sign on a signature strip:

Comment

HI,

Just received 2 letters from BC . first one says claimant wishes to proceed with the claim and claimant agrees in principle of mediation and furthermore, asking me to see attached copy letter sent to court and on the 2nd letter which is marked for court NCC that claimant wish to proceed with the claim.

I thought they will give 28 days to mediate but they have straight away went for proceedings.

Is that a threat that they are sure that they have got upper hand in this matter or their standard tactics.

thanks

Comment

You have made the application haven't you ?

M1

Comment

HI M1,

I have just PMed you. I will making it soon but still not made it yet.

Comment

Got it.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X