• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hassled and Threatened all the time - Lowell Group & Mackenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hassled and Threatened all the time - Lowell Group & Mackenzie Hall

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    I could be your housekeeper but I don't think I'm your type lol
    Besides, you'd not fit the (skimpy) uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by chrs786 View Post
      can you let us know 1. when was the past payment made to these scum bags, 2. get your latest credit report from both of them above agencies and check the default dates if its over six years old then the debt would be statue barred.
      If a payment has been made (by the debtor or by someone acting as her agent) in the limitation period, the debt would not be statute barred.

3. Do not acknowledge to them that the debt is yours, when they ring tell them wrong number and the person they are looking for doesn't live there and also [that you] don't know the person.
      That's arguably good advice, but it really would not matter one iota what she might say to them via the electric telephone as, under section 30 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980, the acknowledgement must be in writing and signed by the person making it.

Comment

Can you tell us when the CC was taken out, when they defaulted you
        Im so so sorry to be annoying but what is C.C ... Im completely new to all of this and you guys are helping me so much, please be patient with me I really appreciate it *smiles sweetly*

All of the accounts
        LLoyds TSB credit card
        Orange bill
        Barclays bank charges

Have never ever been aknowledged by me, I have never wrote to them. They send me letters demanding money... and call me!

The overdraft with Lloyds tsb I wanted to pay back... I agreed and set up a direct debit of 1pound every month ( I didnt know that they can take what they want... luckly they havent.. It's with Westcot... and I have never aknowledged the debt in writing to them)

Can you tell us about the orange account , when did you make the last payment or written acknowledgement .
        The last payment was directly to Orange, they took 2 months worth by accident in one month and sent me overdrawn whilst I was abroad, I had no idea and got the charges (barclays) this was all 6 years ago definetly. I have never aknowledged them via writing. They continue to call and write to me and I ignore it.

I will do the experian check soon and I will send the DD's on here.

Most importantly when was the credit card taken out?
        Credit card was taken out on my lloyds student account, this was also 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chrs786 View Post
          4. if you had obtained your credit report in the past i do hope you still got them as that could be the key because some DCA like placing duplicate defaults on the same account.
          I have never had a credit report but I think I should get one (I think its probably bad credit considering I've been ignoring debt for years)

Comment

Honestly I just would like to say thanks to everybody I feel so much better getting this advice and understanding things more.

My debt really doesn't come to that much, but on benefits and jobs with low incomes its felt like the world on my shoulders. I've been really embarrased about it ... only my boyfriend knows! (and u guys!) hahaha.. Thanks so much, sorry for being a bit annoying and not understanding your shortened way of talking about stuff. Good night hope to read your replys tomorrow. x

Comment

Originally posted by LisaEllipse View Post
              Mackenzie hall is chasing me for a Lloyds TSB Credit card for £660
              When I was at university I was given a credit card, I have been through a lot of financial hardship and failed to keep up with the re-payments, I dont think its fair or right that Lloyds gave on my home address to this debt collection agency , they write me letters in big red writing
              Oh, dear.

Anyone can do that. So what?

and call the home phone which disturbs my father and brother. I don't know how to get them to stop,
              Unless they have changed significantly since the firm was bought by an American company (that's being sued in America for unlawfully harassing alleged debtors) MacKenzie Hall is a company where bad and unenforceable debts go to die. They buy - or bought - for pence in the pound old debts that had "gone the rounds" of everyone else, or were actually statute barred, and tried to make people pay.

They are/were all mouth and shiny Primark trousers.

I wanted to set up a payment plan
              The alleged debt is probably statute barred.

Lowell is chasing me for Barclays bank payment of £94. this happened when I was paying the rent on behalf of a shared house, they started making unessery bank charges to me which I tried to dispute but they kept adding up.

Lowell is also chasing me for £102 owed to Orange. This happened when I had a contract with Orange mobile, they overcharged me one month and took the bill twice from my account which left me overdrawn and the charges all started piling up in my bank account. As you can see it's just been a vicscous spiral of bank charges and mistakes on their behalf.
              Bowells are worse, as they can try to sue - but I really doubt they'd bother over such piffling little sums.

I don't know what to do, they call me all the time, and send me letters threatening to take me to court.
              Again, those alleged debts are probably statute barred by section 5 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 - which is an absolute defence should they even try to sue.

I have an overdraft of £1,600 which I have agreed to pay £1 per month to get them off my back.
              Why?

Do they really expect you to live for another 133 years?

Open another, basic bank account and get your benefits transferred to that. Sooner or later, your existing bank will start to get very nasty.

Recently they [Bowells] sent me a letter saying they will take me to court for the £102 owed to Orange and they will charge me £30 for court fees and £5.36 for interest. They have threatened to send round advisers to my address and they have threatened to take my stuff.
              Any "advisers" that Bowells might send round would have no more right to be there than the fleas on next door's dog.

As for threatening to take anything without complying with certain legal niceties, one might wonder when they supposed theft had been legalised.

Could you take an image of such a silly letter - scanner, camera or mobile 'phone - blank out your details with an image editing program, upload it to photobucket and post the link here?

Comment

A CC is a credit card or sometimes CC=cleverclogs

Cloggy those heels would kill me

Comment

Lisa
                  The reason people keep banging on about when the credit card was taken out is that the law changed for cards taken out after april 2007.

If there has been no acknowledgement or payment in over 6 years in all likelihood the debts will be statute barred although there are a few technicalities to overcome but that would be for Lowells to prove

Comment

My experience with dept collector’s phone calls

Is not to answer any of the data protection questions
                    Date of birth /address /password's

This stops them in their tracks as they cannot proceed to talk to you unless you give them.

They will ask you why; explain you are not willing to give any personal data over the phone
                    But thank you for calling.
                    And put the phone downhone:
                    worked for me
                    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Often, if you ask them who is calling, they tell you that they can't reveal that until you have identified yourself.

Absolute twaddle!

The Data Protection Act does not preclude them identifying themselves, no matter how they blather on about it.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

:w_nikolaus_187:I don't receive calls now but when I did I used to say that I would only disclose my personal details if they would do the same. Surprisingly enough, they never did!

Comment

I used to ask the wenches to describe their underwear.

They never even got to the "security" questions. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Naughty Cloggy! :santa2:
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                              Naughty Cloggy! :santa2:

And Cloggy what as a result of your survey best describes the undergarments of the average DCA Threat Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                                And Cloggy what as a result of your survey best describes the undergarments of the average DCA Threat Monkey
                                They never told me!

However, I dare say they weren't very clean, as they always put the 'phone down when I asked if they were at all damp. :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X