• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MMF MotorMile DPA Breach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMF MotorMile DPA Breach

Hi

I have two debts with MMF and will only deal with them by email. I have payment plans on both debts but this month unfortunately the payments failed. They started with their usual heavy handed tactics but someone vaguely reasonable has now agreed to re-set the payment plan up from next month. However, there is an email chain below the email to me which relates to someone else so I now have this persons full name, email address, amount of debt they owe, and who the debt was originally with, and their account number with MMF.

They have asked for my card details and I have written a draft email explaining I need to see what measures are in place to protect my information given the breach of DPA. The ICO website says that I should try and resolve issues directly with the company first. Should I tell them I will be reporting them to the ICO and should I let OFT know (I have complained to the OFT before after they called my employer on a daily basis despite me asking them not to as per OFT rules).

I have asked for a copy of their complaints procedure on a number of occasions ans this request has been resolutely ignored.

I would be grateful for advice on what I should say in response, and whether I should let the other person know that their information has been passed to me.

Thank you for your help.

Nell
    Tags: None

Re: MMF MotorMile DPA Breach

Originally posted by nell1503 View Post
    The ICO website says that I should try and resolve issues directly with the company first.
    That's if the company has taken to using your data inappropriately. As far as you know, they haven't.

Should I tell them I will be reporting them to the ICO
    Why the buggery should you spoil the surprise for them?

and should I let OFT know
    Oh, yes. You should also let the other person know, too, and you both should tell Consumer Direct - 0845 4 04 05 06

whether I should let the other person know that their information has been passed to me.
    Forward them a copy of their part of the email, explaining whence it came and suggesting that you both complain to the ICO and Consumer Direct/Trading Standards with a view to dropping Motormouth Finance in the slurry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X