• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells Portfolio and BW Legal Statutory Demand / Bankruptcy Petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells Portfolio and BW Legal Statutory Demand / Bankruptcy Petition

The sanction for non compliance of a s77/8 request is that a court should not make an order enforcing the agreement. That does not prohibit the creditor starting proceedings in the first place, if you see the distinction.

You do, for example, get cases where a creditor starts a claim while in default and then produces the requisite copy documents allowing them ask the court to enter judgement.

Comment

Thank you, Nibbler, for the explanation. I must have misunderstood what I'd read earlier... I should've know that it wouldn't be that easy to deal with!!

I messaged the solicitors saying that the library wasn't open for me to scan the documents they had requested and I'd be able to go back tomorrow... It just gave me a little extra time to try and decide on a plan of action!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris9478 View Post
        Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that Lowell's shouldn't have been able to pursue this debt through legal avenues seeing as they hadn't provided the CCA?!
        Lowell should have pursued this through the county court route rather than the insolvency route, they are constantly abusing the insolvency process and seem to get away with it. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Comment

Amethyst advised Celestine of my thread when I first posted and let me know that she's busy on a weekend. I've not heard anything and am quite concerned that the solicitors will go to court for bankruptcy if I don't reply today...
          Ground control to Celestine. Are you receiving me. Roger Roger :director:

Comment

Hi all...

It's been a week since I replied to the solicitors and I've not heard anything back!! Should I be worried... I really don't want them pursuing the bankruptcy proceedings

Comment

Hi all...

It's been a week since I replied to the solicitors and I've not heard anything back!! Should I be worried... I really don't want them pursuing the bankruptcy proceedings
              When did you receive the SD? You have 18 days from date of service to apply for set aside.

Isn't Celestine helping you with this? :noidea:

Comment

I did receive an SD (at the beginning of October) and stupidly ignored it. I've spoken to the solicitor at BW Legal and disputed the amount. I've filled in an I&E form and returned it with a letter disputing the amount and again requesting the CCA, T&C's and full statement of the account.

I haven't heard off Celestine

Comment

I did receive an SD (at the beginning of October) and stupidly ignored it. I've spoken to the solicitor at BW Legal and disputed the amount. I've filled in an I&E form and returned it with a letter disputing the amount and again requesting the CCA, T&C's and full statement of the account.

I haven't heard off Celestine
                  ping me your details and ill see what we can do

Pop them on a PM,
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                    ping me your details and ill see what we can do

Pop them on a PM,

Hi... What details do you need?

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...533#post386533
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I haven't received anything on this...by PM or email to my work?? :confused2:
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine... I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I've been busy with two of my children's birthdays. I also finally resolved a battle with my energy provider, which resulted in £1500 being wiped off my "arrears account"

Anyways, I'll get straight on it after the school run this morning. By the way, I've still not heard anything off BW Legal :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Hi Celestine... I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I've been busy with two of my children's birthdays. I also finally resolved a battle with my energy provider, which resulted in £1500 being wiped off my "arrears account"

Anyways, I'll get straight on it after the school run this morning. By the way, I've still not heard anything off BW Legal :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                            If youve not applied to set aside a SD, then you wont hear anything until they serve the bankruptcy petition on you id suggest.

As i understand it, they served a demand, but you havent applied to set it aside, so you may be at risk of them petitioning for BR.

If this is the case then you will need to apply out of time for the set aside and also if a petition is recieved then a form 6.19 will need filing.
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X