• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request to Capquest dca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Request to Capquest dca

Hello,

At the end of July 2013, I sent a cca request letter to Capquest dca acting on behalf of Clydesdale FS.
    Within the timeframe I received the response:

"Further to recent contact with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28 days whilst we obtain the information required. If you have any proof of payments or correspondence that would assist with your query, please forward these documents, with a brief covering letter, to our Collections Administration department, so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible."

To date, I haven't received any information from my cca request and I have summarised the details of the a/c below:

Type of a/c: Loan - Buy Now Pay Later LVG LTD
    Company: Clydesdale FS
    Amount: just under £3,000
    Invoice date: July 2004
    Balance at July 2013: just under £5,300
    PPI Included: Yes
    Name of dca: Capquest
    Previous payments made: £5.00
    Last payment made: August 2013
    Statements received from dca: up to year 2010

Regards,
    HS.
    Tags: None

Re: CCA Request to Capquest dca

I have not responded to them as they still haven't complied with my cca request. I have also noticed that the balance owing on the July letter states an amount that's just under £5,300 while the October 2013 letter states an amount just over £9,500 . So that's an increase of over £4,200 in 3 months??

The current letter states that they want to 'progress your account for a pre-litigation review' and have given the deadline of 27th October 2013 which is on a Sunday. The content of the letter is below:

"We note with regret that you have chosen not to deal with this matter despite our previous communications.

It is therefore our intention to progress your account for a pre-litigation review. Your account may be passed to our solicitors who may commence legal action on or around 27 Oct 13.

Through the litigation process we will seek to obtain a County Court Judgement, directing you to pay the monies outstanding. If we are successful and no payments are made towards your account, it may be necessary to enforce the judgement through the courts by either a Warrant of Execution which will result in a bailiff visiting your address; by applying to the court for an attachment of earnings order which may result in deductions being made from your earnings by your employer or by seeking a charging order over your property to secure the judgement.

All of this action is avoidable. It is therefore in your interest to prevent the above course of action by contacting this office immediately to discuss settlement or your proposed arrangement to settle this debt. Our experience pre-litigation team are on hand to assist you but this can only happen if you make contact before 27 Oct 13. Failure to respond by the date outlined may result in legal action being instigated."

What else do I do/respond to this?

Regards,
    HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpseeker View Post
      I have not responded to them as they still haven't complied with my cca request. I have also noticed that the balance owing on the July letter states an amount that's just under £5,300 while the October 2013 letter states an amount just over £9,500 . So that's an increase of over £4,200 in 3 months??

The current letter states that they want to 'progress your account for a pre-litigation review' and have given the deadline of 27th October 2013 which is on a Sunday. The content of the letter is below:

"We note with regret that you have chosen not to deal with this matter despite our previous communications.

It is therefore our intention to progress your account for a pre-litigation review. Your account may be passed to our solicitors who may commence legal action on or around 27 Oct 13.

Through the litigation process we will seek to obtain a County Court Judgement, directing you to pay the monies outstanding. If we are successful and no payments are made towards your account, it may be necessary to enforce the judgement through the courts by either a Warrant of Execution which will result in a bailiff visiting your address; by applying to the court for an attachment of earnings order which may result in deductions being made from your earnings by your employer or by seeking a charging order over your property to secure the judgement.

All of this action is avoidable. It is therefore in your interest to prevent the above course of action by contacting this office immediately to discuss settlement or your proposed arrangement to settle this debt. Our experience pre-litigation team are on hand to assist you but this can only happen if you make contact before 27 Oct 13. Failure to respond by the date outlined may result in legal action being instigated."

What else do I do/respond to this?

Regards,
      HS.
      Any progress??

VOLVO

Comment

Hello Volvo,

I apologise for the late reply to your progress question, as I have only noticed today that there was a later entry.

Regarding an update:

1. In Sept 2013, I received a letter from HL Legal stating that they act for Cpq'st and request payment by 27th Sept for the amount of £5k+.

2. Nov 2013, received a letter from Cpq'st stating that the a/c was purchased from Barclays Partner Fin. Fmly Clydesdale balance £9.5k+ (again diff amount), stating that my a/c is processed for legal action. It has also been selected for a one time settlement solution. They requested a reduced amount.

3. Nov 2013, received another letter from Cpq'st stating that the a/c bal of £9.5k+ has been selected for a pre-litigation review. Again, they requested a reduced amount.

4. Dec 2013, received another letter from Cpq'st stating that the a/c will be transferred to Debt Managers (DM) based in Rotherham.

5. Jan 2014, received letter from DMS Ltd requesting that I contact them for verification after they obtained my details from a cr agency.

6. Jan 2014, received another letter from DMS requesting payment from the a/c bal of £9.6k+ .

7. Feb 2014, received another letter from DMS requesting payment from the a/c bal of £9.6k+ . The title of the letter states 'Doorstep Agent Visit'. They state that they "will instruct their agents Call Serve to call at your address to discuss the arrangements for the payment of the full amount owing".

They then go on to state that this can be prevented from happening and give methods of payment to "set up an affordable and realistic payment arrangement".

I have not responded to any of their correspondence.
        Their response to my initial cca request has still not been addressed.

Regards,
        HS.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X