• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA requests the best course of action? (urgent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA requests the best course of action? (urgent)

Originally posted by Helios View Post
    I was also wondering about this 7 years debt issue (EDIT: actually on reading posts on here, it might be 6 years). I believe, if the debt goes unpaid 7 years, it becomes legally unenforceable? What I'm curious about is what happens after this 7 years. Will they still keep sending me letters and making phone calls? Just wondering what people's experience is of this, and wondering if even after the 7 years are up, I'll never truly get shot of them.
    Hmmm, too many questions? Bit muddled? Put the post together in a slight hurry, so perhaps. The 7 years I was talking about is the 6 years 'statute barred' law. Not sure why I thought it was 7 years.
    It is 6 years with no payments or written acknowledgment. At that point the debt is no longer recoverable through the courts, and if they were to issue a claim, you would use SBd as your defence. SBd is an absolute defence. :juge:

When a debt is SBd, you can write to the creditor stating the fact and that you will not be making payments. They should stop chasing you once they receive your letter. :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Re: CCA requests the best course of action? (urgent)

I was also wondering about this 7 years debt issue (EDIT: actually on reading posts on here, it might be 6 years). I believe, if the debt goes unpaid 7 years, it becomes legally unenforceable? What I'm curious about is what happens after this 7 years. Will they still keep sending me letters and making phone calls? Just wondering what people's experience is of this, and wondering if even after the 7 years are up, I'll never truly get shot of them. I'm just pondering if bankruptcy might be a good option, as I don't own any assets, and if helps me shake finally them off my back... I don't fancy still being sent letters and hassled over this in ANOTHER 10 year's time. I realise on such as significant step it's not an easy question give instant advice on, but I'm just wondering if it's the better option from a 'less hassle in the future' perspective, based on people's experiences.
      Bankruptcy should only be considered as a last resort. It can be a suitable solution when you have substantial debts that cannot be easily debt with in any other way, such as mortgage shortfalls that don't go SBd for 12 years or debts to HMRC. You'd need to tell us about ALL your debts as well as your personal circumstances (such as the type of work you do, since BR can affect your current and future employment and/or business activities) to be able to comment further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X