• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ernest Wilson

Andrew Penman at the Daily Mirror is on the case again with an article about RTA, a similar company to Ernest Wilson:

Business transfer agent snares shop sellers with dodgy contracts then sues

Comment

ahh brilliant. Thanks.

Good that the court is in agreement.
      RTA called Greta several times when her restaurant in Saltney, near Chester, was already on the market.

“I agreed to see their agent to shut him up,” said Greta.

“Although the leasehold was for sale at £35,000 he said he could sell it for £70,000.

“He didn’t look round properly or see the books, didn’t even look upstairs and their prospectus wrongly described the premises.

“As for the paper I signed, I can’t see to read a document – I thought it was just one of those cases where you sign to prove the agent has made the call.”

RTA sued Greta when she failed to pay a £1,200 registration fee, claiming £3,000 – half of the commission that the company said it would have earned if it had sold the business.

But Greta says that she never received the demand for £1,200.

Besides, RTA did not get a single prospective buyer to view her restaurant so she didn’t feel they deserved a penny.

Chester County Court dismissed RTA’s claim, ruling that the contract was *unenforceable because Greta did not know what she was signing.
      District Judge Gill dismissed RTA’s claim, describing Mr Lotfi as a credible witness and ruling he was tricked into signing the contract.

“I find there was misrepresentation,” said the judge, ruling that its sales rep “induced him and persuaded him to sign this agreement on the basis that he would not be liable to pay any fees”.
      But when it came to the crunch, the company withdrew its claim at Chester county court after Circuit Judge Derek Halbert warned that it was likely to lose the case because its witness, the sales rep, was not in court.

He awarded 62-year-old Elaine £190 in costs. Outside court she told how RTA had first contacted her after she put the cafe, called Poppies, in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, on the market for £20,000.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        ahh brilliant. Thanks.

Good that the court is in agreement.
        It's good to see that the court is on the side of the little guy this time, although the prevailing legal opinion seems to be, 'you signed the contract, so tough'.

Comment

Hi there Ian

I am currently battling with Ernest Wilson on behalf of my mother and deceased Father. Simon woodhouse informed her today, he will be taking my mother to court for fees for advertising there café for sale for over 10years @ £9484.... After 10years being for sale sadly my father passed away, leaving her no option but to sell at auction for less than half the value.. Please guide me

Comment

Originally posted by Andreawx View Post
            Hi there Ian

I am currently battling with Ernest Wilson on behalf of my mother and deceased Father. Simon woodhouse informed her today, he will be taking my mother to court for fees for advertising there café for sale for over 10years @ £9484.... After 10years being for sale sadly my father passed away, leaving her no option but to sell at auction for less than half the value.. Please guide me
            Do you have copies of the paperwork from Ernest Wilson ?

Was the valuation of £9484 given by Ernest Wilson or independently ? How much is Ernest Wilson trying to claim from your Mother? and how much has she paid to them over the last 10 years?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi I am trying to get some help With Ernest Wilson Rogues as they have a charging Order on my property which they obtained while I was out the country .I am still in shock as this is for 6,460 ,I had tenants in the property who they sent letters to telling them to hand over the keys and move out in 2 weeks as the property was being repossessed,My tenants moved out the property because they where scared even though I tried to tell them they cant force them out . Im at my witts end and dont know what to do, I am paying EW 100.00 a month to pay it off as i didnt want to loose my house as it had already gone to court .I just dont see how they can do this as they never sold my business never obtained any ID from myself or my Partner who`s name was on it ,They changed the contracts (two middle sheets) my signature not on it .These people need stopping as they are making fools of the law hiding behind it and making peoples lives a misery ,alone they seem to have us and wear us out but im sure a partition with enough signatures to take to parliment has to do something as they are just carrying on with what they do best destroying peoples lives

- - - Updated - - -

how have you got on ?

Comment

Hi have you had any Luck with EW ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Bird View Post
                  Hi I am trying to get some help With Ernest Wilson Rogues as they have a charging Order on my property which they obtained while I was out the country .I am still in shock as this is for 6,460 ,I had tenants in the property who they sent letters to telling them to hand over the keys and move out in 2 weeks as the property was being repossessed,My tenants moved out the property because they where scared even though I tried to tell them they cant force them out . Im at my witts end and dont know what to do, I am paying EW 100.00 a month to pay it off as i didnt want to loose my house as it had already gone to court .I just dont see how they can do this as they never sold my business never obtained any ID from myself or my Partner who`s name was on it ,They changed the contracts (two middle sheets) my signature not on it .These people need stopping as they are making fools of the law hiding behind it and making peoples lives a misery ,alone they seem to have us and wear us out but im sure a partition with enough signatures to take to parliment has to do something as they are just carrying on with what they do best destroying peoples lives

- - - Updated - - -

how have you got on ?
                  I think we need to go back to the beginning on this Eli.

Were EW aware you were out of the country ? How long were you away for ?
                  When did they start the court action and obtain judgment against you ? When was the judgment ?
                  Did you know about this at the time and did you defend the case ?
                  Did you dispute the final charging order at all with the court ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay from April -
                    they told me same and never sold my business and now slapped with a court warrant of possession to get out my house and demanding 6000 for a business they never sold and a contract they changed and countless lies in court
                    did you defend this ?

Do you have copies of the original contract to evidence the changes ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: Ernest Wilson

Originally posted by Eli Bird View Post
                      I had tenants in the property who they sent letters to telling them to hand over the keys and move out in 2 weeks as the property was being repossessed
                      Wouldn't that be harassment by creditors? https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...-by-a-creditor

Comment

£9484 is there charges that they are intending court action.. Sadly we have very little paperwork, However the paperwork we do have is very conflicting, from one breakdown of charges to another they differ. Originally 10years ago my father would have solely dealt with all correspondence from them, there salesman convinced them that they already had a buyer for there café and it would sell within 7days, alas said buyer never appeared x My father insisted many years ago to stop all advertising at his cost. This did not happen either.

Comment

Ahh so they are trying to charge your mother almost £10k for not selling the cafe over 10 years it was on their books ?

Did you father make his cancellation requests in writing?

any chance you can photo/scan in a copy of the latest breakdown of charges and letter threatening court action ? - remove personal details before posting it on the site - or email it me admin@legalbeagles.info.

And if you dig up a contract of course.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have e mailed all I currently have to work with.. The most shocking part for me was the last invoice sent to Mrs J Fish & Mr M Fish (deceased) to my home address although neither have ever lived here.. The communication since has been to my mobile saying he will take court action to my address if I refuse to give her new address :-( I have no contracts signed by either parent. Nor have they got anything from my mother agreeing the £2000 withdrawal fee

Comment

Disgusting behaviour. I'll check my email.

Might be worth a chat with Andrew Penman - he's recently written a couple of related articles - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-shop-6634721 - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ing-up-6591403
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Email and attachments all received xx Having a read now.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X