• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I've posted before But really need your advice PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've posted before But really need your advice PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me

Good morning all,

So after speaking with the very helpful Amethyst, she advice that I post a new thread out lining details to gage your response.....here goes!

Between 1998/99/2000 Not sure exact date I got a personal loan for £10k. Shortly after, I'd say within a year I fell behind on payments I was heavily in debt, behind on everything but was also falling behind on mortgage etc. got a couple of repo orders and finally decided that my priority was my house so completely stopped the £10K.

Within months I was contacted by DCA and despite the demands and bombardments of thretograms I buried my head in the sand in the hope all would go away and for a while it did, then they would start again and then stop and so on....

Well this went on for sometime and eventually I think in maybe 2001 or 2003 (i'm really not sure...I've tried to work it out....) I decided to sell the house as no matter what I done I was struggling....now I did receive a ccj for the 10K and was paying £50 but then stopped i'm unsure if it was issued at that house or new property.

Within months of living in the new property I began to get letters....threatograms and again I ignored (I really didn't realise the implications of a ccj) they would stop and then start again and then stop again etc. Eventually I sold the property in 2010, I made no profit I just broke even.

So bringing me to today.....I have received a letter 3 weeks ago from BC....asking me to confirm residence but did not mention debt etc. I firmly believe it is this one...some of you have kindly advised me to ignore as it is not up to me to inform them of my whereabouts...

However I don't think this is an option for me to have hanging over my head.

I'm in the process of having my dads deeds signed over to me in order to loan money against it for a mortgage....I cannot afford for this to crop up.

What I do know is that my credit report is clean, no defaults or ccj's. I believe this debt has been sold at least 3 times....in 2007 it was ECI that had it. I only know this because i found a letter on my laptop to them regarding it.

Lowell have it now I believe.

The last person I spoke to about it I mentioned SD (not knowing that ccjs are not SD but the calls and letters stopped for a while and so I thought it was over with.

I would really like some advice on how to handle this once and for all.

If I have to pay them I can in instalments but I don't want my credit file affected as myself and my partner are in the process of our mortgage going through.

Please, please advice,....letters I could send, etc.

Thank you all so very much.
    Tags: None

Re: I've posted before But really need your advice PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me

sp peeps know when was the last payment/acknowledgement of the debt i.e. date, if it is not on your file then it has dropped off after 6 years england 5 years scotland, and CCJ ( this is the last time you made payment to it?)

Comment

Re: I've posted before But really need your advice PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me

Originally posted by strong123 View Post
      Well this went on for sometime and eventually I think in maybe 2001 or 2003 (i'm really not sure...I've tried to work it out....) I decided to sell the house as no matter what I done I was struggling....now I did receive a ccj for the 10Kand was paying £50 but then stopped i'm unsure if it was issued at that house or new property.

Within months of living in the new property I began to get letters....threatograms and again I ignored (I really didn't realise the implications of a ccj) they would stop and then start again and then stop again etc. Eventually I sold the property in 2010, I made no profit I just broke even.

So bringing me to today.....I have received a letter 3 weeks ago from BC....asking me to confirm residence but did not mention debt etc. I firmly believe it is this one...some of you have kindly advised me to ignore as it is not up to me to inform them of my whereabouts...
      How long ago did you stop paying? CCJs don't go statute barred, however, to be able to enforce them, creditors will have to go back to the court and may find it difficult to explain why they haven't done anything to collect/enforce in so many yeas.

Who is BC? Barclaycard? You say the debt was sold to a number of DCAs, why would Barclays contact you if that was the case. It could well be for another matter.
      However I don't think this is an option for me to have hanging over my head.

I'm in the process of having my dads deeds signed over to me in order to loan money against it for a mortgage....I cannot afford for this to crop up.

What I do know is that my credit report is clean, no defaults or ccj's. I believe this debt has been sold at least 3 times....in 2007 it was ECI that had it. I only know this because i found a letter on my laptop to them regarding it.
      Both defaults and CCJs drop off after 6 years, they won't re-appear on your credit file so don't worry about it.

Lowell have it now I believe.

The last person I spoke to about it I mentioned SD (not knowing that ccjs are not SD but the calls and letters stopped for a while and so I thought it was over with.
      Do you mean a person from Lowell mentioned a SD (Statutory Demand)? When was that?

A SD can be very serious, because if they issue one and you don't get it set aside, they can petition your bankruptcy.
      I would really like some advice on how to handle this once and for all.

If I have to pay them I can in instalments but I don't want my credit file affected as myself and my partner are in the process of our mortgage going through.
      Please, please advice,....letters I could send, etc.

Thank you all so very much.
      Don't worry about your credit file, once a default has dropped off it cannot be re-instated, and neither can a CCJ that has dropped off the public record after 6 years. However, it's important to get a clear picture of this situation, because once there is a CCJ, a creditor can apply to the court to enforce it in various ways, the most common ones being a charge on your property or an attachment of earnings.

It would help if you could clarify the points above.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X