• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons and court fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons and court fine

I am desperate for advice. My partner has an unpaid court fine (IN10). We have been in extreme financial difficulty and this along with many other things has gone unpaid.

It was passed to Marstons and he made one payment leaving the balance as £150. We contacted them today to try to re-enter an arrangement and were told that £215 had been added. We disputed this fee as we had no evidence of a visit and were transferred to the baillif who said he had attended today (he did not) and that we have brown front door (we do not).

We requested that the fees were removed as he obviously hadn't been here and then we could make a new arrangement. The baillif then hung up and 45 mins later turned up at our door!! We cannot pay the £365 he is asking for.

My partner is having his house repossessed and we can barely afford our daily expenses. Can we get this taken back to court for a means enquiry hearing and will this stop the baillif. Also the court dealing with it is Cheshire but we live over 100 miles away could it be transferred. Any advice would be very welcome.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X