• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tobydog's Lowell/Co-op question - Account bought, lowell chasing with no details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tobydog's Lowell/Co-op question - Account bought, lowell chasing with no details

Originally posted by tobydog1 View Post
    I understand what your saying and that you are trying to help. I think maybe it is time for me to see a solicitor but I am annoyed that I have to do this when Lowell have not supplied one shred of evidence for the claim against me and if they are trying to use scare tactics, anyone that knows me, knows that won't work.
    Whilst some DCAs may use SDs as scare tactics, Lowell do proceed to petition bankruptcy, as this chart shows:
    Last edited by FlamingParrot; 24th August 2013, 18:16:PM. Reason: Emphasis :)

Comment

Re: Tobydog's Lowell/Co-op question - Account bought, lowell chasing with no details

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      That's why it's important to post up as much information as you can for her to read first.

If you're worried about security issues it may be possible to move your thread to a more private area of the forum. Just ask
      To that effect, you may want to consider becoming a VIP member to keep your thread away from prying eyes and be able to see other threads. It only costs £9! Furthermore, most of the SD threads (many from Lowell) are in the VIP area, being a subscriber would grant you access to them.
      Go to settings, the third group down is 'My settings', under 'My account', the last item is paid subscriptions. Under VIP member subscription, choose one year £9 or 10 years £25. See below. :grin: Attached Thumbnails

Comment

if they are trying to use scare tactics, anyone that knows me, knows that won't work.
        Would being made bankrupt scare you? Because as sure as night follows day unless you get this SD set-aside you will be made bankrupt by Lowell :fear:

Comment

Scare you? well if you want all the brown stuff that follows if they succeed carry on I don't scare easy with anything to do with my debts I don't want to face bankruptcy, if you have nothing for them to seize carry on if you have any assets house car etc methinks it might be scary,i have nothing to be taken after the intial shock I would be laughing will you be?
          Take the advice to contact Cel she has a proven track record even I would

Comment

I am applying for set aside Tues which is well within time.
            Tobydog

Did you make your application for a set-aside on Tuesday as planned? And have you been able to trace when you last made a payment to that account to establish whether this debt is statute barred?

Comment

So sorry only just spotted this thread. I haven't heard anything from Tobydog.
              I can sense you are very wary of solicitors Toby and I do respect and understand that.
              But I have won every single stat demand case against Lowell and they have paid the stat demand recipients costs in every case.

Sometimes, I am able to make a single phone call to warn them I am ABOUT to become involved and the SD is withdrawn within the hour as Trixie discovered recently. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...defence-needed

Just PM me your contact details and I will do the rest, don't worry if you've already submitted the application (I often get involved late) just do NOT attempt the court hearing alone. Please x
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Sorry been away from site.

Just to let you know I attended court at end of Oct and had meeting with a solicitor representing BE/Lowell who told me HE was going to apply for a set aside as he had no paperwork. I thought I was the one applying for the set aside? When we got into court and the judge asked him why he wanted to apply for a set aside and the lawyer informed the judge, because he did not have any paperwork, needless to say the judge was not impressed and he just said goodbye to me.

Can I just say, I am a fairly streetwise and would not find having to go to court any issue for me, I can fully understand how people can find the whole process very daunting. I would say to anyone who receives an SD that they should act on it immediately because if you don't you will be opening up a whole different set of problems. Companies like Lowell are relying on people's inexperience in legal matters to line their greedy pockets with money they are not entitled to collect.

I hope that posting my experience on this website will help others and stop these terrible companies making peoples lives a misery.

By the way. a great website.

Comment

Well done Tobydog
                  I suspect the great age of your debt played a good part in this story. You are right though, it is highly unusual for Lowell to seek a set aside at the actual Hearing. Usually this doesn't stop Lowell from getting their barrister to just stand there and say, "he borrowed the money, he should pay it back'. And sadly many Judges just go with that. The other tactic they usually use in Court is to seek repeated adjournments for more time to get the paperwork....which is why I suspect in your case they realised they simply were not going to find it.

Out of interest, could you PM me the name of the Judge and the Court involved. Im trying to build up a profile of different Judges/Courts attitudes to Litigants in Person.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Well done Tobydog....... does this mean they could now get the paperwork and retry this route again?

The thing is they just send out the SD's willy nilly and do not have the paperwork in place before hand and neither in many cases is the paperwork correct anyway. So they try their luck some they win (possibly loads) and hopefully all those that seek help on sites like ours stand a much better chance of this SD being withdrawn before it goes to bankruptcy. It is an abuse of process on the part of Lowell because they should know by now that they have to have all the paperwork in place before they send out SD's to ensure that they could go all the way if needed. But I suppose that is too much like hard work to get right before hand.

. They just rely on the public to pay up or go bankrupt.
                    Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    Well done Tobydog
                    I suspect the great age of your debt played a good part in this story. You are right though, it is highly unusual for Lowell to seek a set aside at the actual Hearing. Usually this doesn't stop Lowell from getting their barrister to just stand there and say, "he borrowed the money, he should pay it back'. And sadly many Judges just go with that. The other tactic they usually use in Court is to seek repeated adjournments for more time to get the paperwork....which is why I suspect in your case they realised they simply were not going to find it.

Out of interest, could you PM me the name of the Judge and the Court involved. Im trying to build up a profile of different Judges/Courts attitudes to Litigants in Person.

Comment

Sorry, what do you mean PM you. I'm not very good on computer jargon

Comment

She means to send her a Private Message, which you can do by clicking on her name above and her page will appear, you then click on "send Celestine a Private Message" and a form will appear, which you fill in and then click "send"

Comment

I think I have sent a PM to Celestine. I am not very good on computers.

I would hope that is the last I will hear of Lowells as far as I am concerned. If they ever tried to come after me again for anything else in future, they had better make sure their case is watertight.

This site has been a great help to me and I can't thank you all enough for all the advice. I shall keep reading the site as Celestine is obviously doing a great job and helping so many people in sharing her expertise - Keep up the good work. xx

It's good to talk !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X