• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just looking for a bit of advice about my Lowell situation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looking for a bit of advice about my Lowell situation.

Hello all

In 2009 i purchased a few items using a littlewoods catalog which amounted to around £600, a few months later i broke my hand which unfortunately left me without work for a while and by the time it did heal, there was no job waiting for me when i got back. I did however have the littlewoods insurance that is suppose to cover my payments whilst i was out of work (which they did not pay out on as i refused to start claiming benefits whilst i was off work).

Anyways, I kind of buried my head in the sand for a while (silly me) which lead the debt to be sold to Lowell group. Now being the young idiot i am, i didn't ask them for any proof that i owed them money or anything like that, i just agreed to start paying back what i owed because i though it was the right thing to do.

I set up for my first payment to be taken out on the 19th of last month but because i had recently started a new job and there was a muck up with them putting my wages into the wrong bank, i told them i was unable to pay it on the date set and changed the date to the 16th of august. They seemed to have completely ignored the conversation and decided to take the money out on the 2nd of august, which i did not authorize and resulted in me going overdrawn.

I phoned Lowell last Monday and they agreed to refund me the payment and set the new date to the 19th of august. As of today the money has not reached me and I'm worried they will still be taking the other payment on Monday.

I know this is absolutely my fault for getting into this mess in the first place but is what they are doing even legal? I didn't authorize any payment to be taken on the day they helped themselves to my account.

Just after a bit of friendly advise as i am without a clue of what to do.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Just looking for a bit of advice about my Lowell situation.

Is this a standing order or direct debit?

Personally, I wouldn't get in too much of a sweat about missing payments to Lowell when you are strapped.

A 2009 agreement is probably enforceable so unless you want to get into sending s.78 requests etc, a manageable payment plan is probably sensible, especially as its a relatively low amount.

However, you can only pay what you can afford, especially when changing jobs.

So, I'd take control of the situation, either make a manual payment monthly. (Cancel any S/O D/DD because they only cost YOU money when they bounce) Remember you can ring your bank at any time to cancel such arrangements and just as easily set them back up again.

Don't let Lowell bully you. If you can afford £50 one month, pay that, if next month it's £25, thats what you pay. A quick call to let them know what you're paying will probably help but make sure you stay in the driving seat, not them. It is what we call a non priority debt and should certainly not be triggering bank charges.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X