• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smith v lowell & fredrickson international DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith v lowell & fredrickson international DISCONTINUED

Hi got this card in post today 7.8.2013

this account is seriously in arrears and you have failed to reply to correspondence or make a payment arrangement despite trace enquiries showing you as living at this address
    contact us now on xxxxxxxx to arrange a payment or your account will be passed to a solicitor with authorisation to proceed with immediate litigation proceedings against you at the above address

only 1 i can think of they lowell did buy a capital 1 debt
    this account was cca nothing was sent the account as been in dispute
    and am sure this account will go to carters solictors

action
    shall i sent prove it letter to fredrickson and to lowell or cca them both
    Tags: None

Re: Smith v lowell & fredrickson international

Send the CCA to whoever sent you the card

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
      Hi got this card in post today 7.8.2013

this account is seriously in arrears and you have failed to reply to correspondence or make a payment arrangement despite trace enquiries showing you as living at this address
      contact us now on xxxxxxxx to arrange a payment or your account will be passed to a solicitor with authorisation to proceed with immediate litigation proceedings against you at the above address

only 1 i can think of they lowell did buy a capital 1 debt
      this account was cca nothing was sent the account as been in dispute

and am sure this account will go to carters solictors
      First of all, don't worry! :hug: By now you should know all about Celestine's :yo: track record with Lowells...

Are you saying you already sent a CCA request for this account? If so, how long ago and who was the CCA request sent to? :confused2:

If the account wasn't with Lowell at the time and/or it's been some time, then you should definitely send a fresh CCA request, I'd send it to Lowell if they are the new account owners.

Did you ever get a notice of assignment? You should have received one when the account was sold to them. :thumb:
      Last edited by FlamingParrot; 7th August 2013, 15:48:PM. Reason: Messed up quote :(

Comment

got a letter today 6 august 2013 from fredrickson LETTER BEFOR ACTION

CCA WAS SENT TO LOWELLS in 2006 and copys was sent to debt collectors they backed off

ill re send cca to lowells and a copy to fredrickson

fredrickson will like in past send the account to carters solictors they was hard to get rid off

never receved a notice of assignment

lowells seem to have bought a lot of my debts and my partners to grrr

Comment

Do not send two CCAs. Technically the debt is still in dispute with Lowells because you have already CCAed them and they haven't responded. If you have proof of this write to Frederickscum and tell them debt is in dispute with their puppet masters in Leeds. If you need to send a CCA off it should only go to Frederickscum who are the juan kerrs that are now pursuing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
            Do not send two CCAs. Technically the debt is still in dispute with Lowells because you have already CCAed them and they haven't responded. If you have proof of this write to Frederickscum and tell them debt is in dispute with their puppet masters in Leeds. If you need to send a CCA off it should only go to Frederickscum who are the juan kerrs that are now pursuing it.
            Looks like the CCA request was sent 7 years ago, in which case, what are the chances of there being a record of it? :noidea: I'd say given the length of time since this request was sent, a fresh CCA request wouldn't hurt! :thumb:

If Fred's are chasing then it's OK to send it to them who will have to contact Lowell who will have to contact the OC… in the meantime the account should be put on hold, and it's likely to be for a long time! :clock:
            got a letter today 6 august 2013 from fredrickson LETTER BEFOR ACTION

CCA WAS SENT TO LOWELLS in 2006 and copys was sent to debt collectors they backed off

ill re send cca to lowells and a copy to fredrickson

fredrickson will like in past send the account to carters solictors they was hard to get rid off

never receved a notice of assignment

lowells seem to have bought a lot of my debts and my partners to grrr
            If they were not able to respond in 2006 and backed off, that means they won't be able to find anything this time, and they won't be able to enforce, but it's important to send the CCA as soon as possible to stave off legal action. Try not to worry, you've already experienced first hand what Cel can do! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Comment

letter from bryan carter solictors dated 7 JAN 2014
              as you failed to make repayments the above account we have issued litigation proceedings in the county court you will receive the calim form in the next 48 hours direct from the court

county court summons dated 7 jan 2014

particulars of claim
              the claim is for 717.85 the ammount
              due under an agreement between the original
              creditor and the
              defendant to prove finance and or services and or goods
              this debt was assigned / to purchased by lowell portfolio 1 ltd
              on 28.01 2011 and notice served pursuant to the law of property act 1925

particulars
              re capital one europe plc
              acc no xxxxxxx

and the claimant claims 717.85
              the claimant also claims intrest pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 from 28 /01/2011 to date date 8% per annum amounting to £168.94

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
              Submission date & time
              09/01/2014 19:45:13
              Last edited by smith; 9th January 2014, 19:47:PM.

Comment

Would love to know how they could win this as it will be statuate barred and also they have failed to produce a CCA so won't be enforcable on that grounds either.

Comment

sent court papers and a letter from byran both was dated 7 jan 2014

Comment

right will send to Bryan carters solicitors in morn ill send this first advise

request pursuant to CPR 31.14

Claim Number XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs,

I request disclosure of documents referred to in your claim, pursuant to CPR 31.14.

1. Copy of the original credit agreement.
                    2. Copy of the original terms and conditions for that agreement.
                    3. Default Notice
                    4. Assignment Notice
                    5. Statement of Account.

I require inspection of these documents ahead of filing the defence , so I request that they are provided to me within 7 days.
                    If you are unable to comply with this request in that timescale, please let me know by return so that I may consider an appropriate timescale for extending the submission date for my defence.

Yours sincerely.....
                    Last edited by smith; 9th January 2014, 20:07:PM. Reason: BUMP FOR HELP

Comment

bump for help

Comment

Bump for advise

Comment

Yes send the cpr request.

This debt is statute barred you think ? (just going off the CCA request sent in 2006 - have you acknowledged or paid anything since that time?)

Did you send a second CCA request ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

right will send to Bryan carters solicitors in morn ill send this first advise

request pursuant to CPR 31.14

Claim Number XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs,

I request disclosure of documents referred to in your claim, pursuant to CPR 31.14.

1. Copy of the original credit agreement.
                            2. Copy of the original terms and conditions for that agreement.
                            3. Default Notice
                            4. Assignment Notice
                            5. Statement of Account.

I require inspection of these documents ahead of filing the defence , so I request that they are provided to me within 7 days.
                            If you are unable to comply with this request in that timescale, please let me know by return so that I may consider an appropriate timescale for extending the submission date for my defence.

Yours sincerely.....
                            Just to make sure we're doing the right thing here, have you acknowledged service and stated your intention to defend? Once you acknowledge, you get a total of 28 days to submit your defence.

Have you sent a NEW CCA request for this? Because reading posts above, it sounds like it was 6 or 7 years ago.

Have you made any payments or written repayment offers in the past 6 years? If the debt is Statute Barred, that's an absolute defence and you don't need to ask for any documents, the onus would be on the claimants to prove otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Yes send the cpr request.

This debt is statute barred you think ? (just going off the CCA request sent in 2006 - have you acknowledged or paid anything since that time?)

last payment was about june 2007

Did you send a second CCA request ?
                              cca was sent to lowells not sure on date

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
                              Submission date & time
                              09/01/2014 19:45:13
                              Last edited by smith; Yesterday at 19:47:PM. AND STATED DEFEND IN FULL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X