• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance Default

Hello,

I sent a letter to Welcome Finance asking for details of the Default they placed on my credit file etc, saying that I never received notice in the post giving them 14 days to reply and this is the reply i had.

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

Unfortunately we were unable to verify your identity based on the information provided.

As such, we will need you to supply a copy of one of the following:

* Passport (photo page or photo and visa page if non UK passport)
    * Driving Licence (photo card and paper part, or old style paper part)
    * Firearms Certificate

Please do not send original documentation as we will not be able to return this to you.

Please be aware that a statutory fee is required by us in order to carry out your request. The various fees are outlined below.

* £1.00 for a Credit Agreement and Statement of Account (per account).

* £10.00 for a full Data Subject Access Request. We will provide all information held by us under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Please send the appropriate amount to us by cheque or postal order using the address above. Cheques should be made payable to "Welcome Finance".

As matters stand, we have not been able to confirm your identity. We will therefore not be treating your letter to us as a complaint for the purposes of the FCA's rules. We will treat this matter as a complaint from the point that we receive the required identification document from you, following which we will commence our investigation and respond to you within eight weeks.

Alternatively, please contact us on 0845 618 7847 where we can go through our standard identification verification procedure with you over the phone.

Yours sincerely

How can they charge me money to get an answer? what should my next move be? I will call them and go via the ID verification on the telephone to sort that out first. But I don't think I should pay them any money.

Regards

Ian
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance Default

They have had no problems getting in touch before have they?
    Try again this time a CCA or SDAR. CCA is £1 this may be better to start with.
    Golden rule, as told to me, is everthing in writing, do not phone them up.
    Some good templates on site for CCA request, do not sign it either and send a postal order, via registered post if you can afford it.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

HI Ian

Is this account settled ? what date was it taken out ?

Comment

Hello

The loan was taken out in 21st July 2008 there is money outstanding on the loan when I lost my job I was in for 20 years !

I set up a small repayment then in July 2010 moved to Prague where I now live, I sent them letters saying where I live all the details you could ask for.

I noticed only a few weeks ago that they tried to serve a Summons on my old address for a CCJ but the court didn't allow it as they can't serve it on me in the country I now live in. However they have a default which I want to fight if possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Ian

Comment

OK , hope someone with more knowledge can see this, not sure of the whys and wherefores if you have now moved out of the UK.
          Welcome are a little incompetent to say the least:deadhorse:
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by iangrin View Post
            Hello

The loan was taken out in 21st July 2008 there is money outstanding on the loan when I lost my job I was in for 20 years !

I set up a small repayment then in July 2010 moved to Prague where I now live, I sent them letters saying where I live all the details you could ask for.

I noticed only a few weeks ago that they tried to serve a Summons on my old address for a CCJ but the court didn't allow it as they can't serve it on me in the country I now live in. However they have a default which I want to fight if possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Ian
            I don't think you will be able to dispute a default, if the account was so badly in arrears. the Default on your credit file is simply a record of your payments, they are supposed to give you 28 days notice before filing it , but this is only a guideline.

Comment

Originally posted by iangrin View Post
              Hello

Thanks for the reply.

Ian
              You did well to update them with your new country of residence, otherwise they could just send court papers to your last known UK address and obtain default judgment. If you don't own property in the UK, there isn't much they could do to enforce the judgment (if you do, a Charging Order could be obtained to secure the debt ).

The default is a reflection of the conduct of your account, if you failed to maintain contractual payments, they are entitled to report the fact to the CRAs, even if you made an arrangement to pay a reduced amount.

If you are still making small repayments, the debt will never go Statute Barred, just something to bear in mind. :thumb:
              Last edited by FlamingParrot; 30th July 2013, 14:22:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X