• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Loyds-TSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Loyds-TSB

Im Gaz. My acount with Lowell should be statute barred since I have not paid, nor admit to a debt for over 6 years. Somebody ( eigther Lowell or Loyds-TSB ) made a payment on my behalf to reset the 6 year clock just before the 6 years limitation was inforced. The debt was assigned to Lowell around the date when this payment was paid. Is this ilegal? Where do I stand? Its a dirty trick & I am sure I am statute barred. Ombudsman is dealing with this case. I have evidence that there was no payment taken out of my bank account. Can somebody please give me a piece of mind & let me know what is my current situation? Thankyou.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell/Loyds-TSB

I think you need to wait for the decision of the FOS. It is quite common for payments to be made to reset the clock, so it won't be the first time they've come across it. As long as you have proof you did not make the payment, then you have to trust them to make the right decision.

Comment

Re: Lowell/Loyds-TSB

Just to be sure do you have the dates and a few more details.

Was this a credit card, when was the account terminated and did you receive a default notice, can you remember the dates.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X