• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect spelling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect spelling

I know that this query is trivial in the grand scheme of things but I am receiving letters from Lowell Financial who spell my name incorrectly without fail.

Does this have any legal implications at all? I did write to them in the past pointing out their error but they wanted me to send my passport and another form of ID which I was unwilling to do.

I think I know what the answer to my query will be but thanks for taking the time to read it.
    Tags: None

Re: Incorrect spelling

I shouldn't think it so, unless it was a case of mistaken identity where they are taking your for someone else with a similar name.

Comment

Simply write back to them that you will not be sending them proof of ID and that they should know dam well who they are writing to and if they did their research right they would know the spelling of the persons surname living at your address. Clearly as the way they spell your surname is different to how your surname is actually spelt, then they have the wrong person.

Though then again, do you know what the debt is for and is it your debt?
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Address the letter to the Head of Bowels?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthie59 View Post
          I know that this query is trivial in the grand scheme of things but I am receiving letters from Lowell Financial who spell my name incorrectly without fail.

Does this have any legal implications at all? I did write to them in the past pointing out their error but they wanted me to send my passport and another form of ID which I was unwilling to do.

I think I know what the answer to my query will be but thanks for taking the time to read it.
          This 'proof of ID' malarky, intended by the ICO to ensure adherence to the DPA as regards revealing personal data only to the relevant person, does not really apply if a line of dialogue has already been established. It would be viewed as, for instance, an unfair delaying tactic when a Data Subject is requesting an SAR.

In the instant case, as Lowlife's seem to be phishing for info, I would take immense pleasure in completely disregarding their communications, & would not even bother acknowledging their existence.

After all, ignorance is bliss!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

we have ignored dozens of letters from lowells still the come still the say things like As WE have not come to an agreement though how can they reach an agreement with only one side to agree they really are losers,in my case they know by checking my credit files that theres nothing to get so CCJs or SDs would only cost them,as I have no intension of dealing with them or their threat monkees their wasting paper and postageon me,we have even had the doorstep collector cal they have been told the person they are looking for has never lived here and I always say your not the first to call or phone they have gone away and after a short period of time the letters start to arrive again

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              we have even had the doorstep collector call
              With a crane to collect your doorstep?

Comment

Nah... they are too stupid to even realise they would need a crane, and would think that a burly bloke with a skin head and wearing a bomber jacket would be able to lift it and carry it to his car and drive off with it whilst hoping his suspension doesn't collapse under the joint weight of his fat lard arse and the doorstep in the boot lol
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

we aint got a door step its a ramp of slabs takes 2 to lift each one and they come on their own so its staying

Comment

Actually i shall reword my last post to make it more accurate:

"Nah... they are too stupid to even realise they would need a crane, and would think that a burly bloke with a skin head and wearing a bomber jacket would be able to lift it and carry it to his car and drive off with it whilst hoping his suspension doesn't collapse under the joint weight of his fat lard arse and the £1 doormat, from pound land that he mistook as the doorstep, in the boot lol"

Oh well, if you have offered them a £1 per month repayment plan, and they take your £1 doormat then thats acceptance of your repayment plan at least, though you'd need to buy a new doormat each month for them to come and collect lol.

Comment

You just made me laugh brought tears to my eyes

Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments! As an English teacher I tend to be rather particular in the use of grammar and spellings and expect the same from others with whom I deal in a professional capacity. I have no intention of sending proof of identity to these people, especially as I am dubious as to what could happen to it at the other end, so I shall ignore.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments! As an English teacher I tend to be rather particular in the use of grammar and spellings and expect the same from others with whom I deal in a professional capacity. I have no intention of sending proof of identity to these people, especially as I am dubious as to what could happen to it at the other end, so I shall ignore.
                          Well am dyslexic and wasn't diagnosed till my late teens early twenties. So grammar and spelling has never been my strong point. :tung:

But yes, just ignore them for now. Though if they issue you with a statutory demand or a court claim, come right back to us and we help fight your corner for you.

Comment

teaboy2 and anyone else who I may have unintentionally offended by my last post, please accept my sincere apologies. My eldest son is dyslexic too and I teach children who have English as a second language as my main students. I just find it frustrating when professionals can't be bothered to cast an eye over what they have written before posting which is what Lowells are guilty of.

Comment

teaboy2 and anyone else who I may have unintentionally offended by my last post, please accept my sincere apologies. My eldest son is dyslexic too and I teach children who have English as a second language as my main students. I just find it frustrating when professionals can't be bothered to cast an eye over what they have written before posting which is what Lowells are guilty of.
                              Its ok Ruthie i wasn't offended myself, and i doubt others were offended either. We know full well how bad the spelling and grammar is in Lowells threatograms - Which i knew was what you were referring too. lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X